Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My summer goals are threefold. One, sleep alot. Two, frisbee. Three, build stuff.

Number one on my list is my second trebuchet.

Then, i'm gonna build a compressed air gun, hope to launch things 1,000 feet. (It's gonna be big)

Lastly, we have the railgun.

Here's a video of one.
Railgun obliterates an apple

Now, I have knowledge of the workings of a railgun, but no idea where to get the supplies to build one or of exact details. Does anyone know how I can build one? Plans, people, etc.?

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Sam's ol' spark shooter?

Might look over some of the http://forum.4hv.org/ or powerlabs.

I'm wondering though, if they used a 450psi air blast to inject the projectile into the rails, was there even much of an advantage to the railgun over a plain-jane air cannon? It's only an apple; I don't think it would survive either way.

·
45's to the sky
4,355 Posts
I built a trebuchet in engineering this year. The constraints were that it had to fit within an imaginary 3x3 ft. cube(arm not included) and some other ones. All in all ours ended up being the farthest ever within the 5 year school program, launching one of thsoe yellow dimpled balls from the pitching machines 181 Feet. It probably could have launched further we just didn't have a lot of time to test it. But keep in mind we are only freshman in highschool so I think it was a pretty good design.

Brandon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts