Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my god, if u have xbox, its an absolute MUST. its kinda like socom, only 1st person and 100x beter. i guess its like a mix of CS, splinter cell, and ghost recon. its easily on my top 10 games list. its pretty damn hard too. sooooo much fun. my only qualm is that u can't invert the controls, so i had to relearn howto aim, but that took like an hour to get down

·
Registered
284 Posts
I was thinking about getting an Xbox for christmas, yea that game looks like one of the best out there. Where do suggest buying one online?, the best deal I saw was about $170 for it, two games, and a controller.

·
Registered
416 Posts
i owned this game for the pc, and it owns but i beat it and was insanely good and i was addicted so i sold it. My grades were suffering because of it

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, personally i HATED the first 2, this is a totally different set up then them

·
Yay! whoops! yay!
3,028 Posts
I was disapointed by it. I am a huge fan of the first two, and an avid player. I loved how different they were, one shot kills, no health, no ammo pick ups. I was really looking forward to the 3rd, but I was let down. It seems they took a path more towards the main stream shooters. From what I have seen, this is a lot different from the first two, and I think that was a bad turn for the series.

I don't know, don't flame me for it, but hey. I just don't think this one is nearly as good as the other two because it is different. Hey, maybe I don't have good reasons, but I just don't like it. I expected it to be a lot like the first two, and then I would have loved it. But it was different, so I don't like it.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
well it has evolved from rainbow six to rogue spear to ghost recond to raven shield, each adding new features and such

·
Yay! whoops! yay!
3,028 Posts
Rouge Spear and Rainbow Six weren't different at all. A few new guns, and characters but that's all. the gameplay was identical. Raven Shield is different from both. I think if they made a 3rd installment in the series, they should have mdae it like the other two, otherwise make it into another series.

Ghost Recon seems pretty sweet. if it were part of the RS series, I would hate it. But since it's another series, I like it, because it's not like RS but that's ok as long as it's not in the same series. But Raven Sheild I don't like because it's different andin the same series.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
rogue spear had better graphics by far, had better controlling. Added sniping which was missing in the first. And multiplayer is a lot more fun if you can find a server that doesnt lag

·
Yay! whoops! yay!
3,028 Posts
Yeah I was going to say those things, but those were a given. Those small improvments still don't make it much different. RS3 is a lot different, and to me seems like another game. RS1 and RS2 didn't seem that different, and it was obvious they were in the same series.

One thing I was glad they changed between RS1 and RS2 was the pistol zoom. How were the pistols zooming in in RS1 when they didn't have a scope? But I don't think the controlling was that much different. It seems like the same to me.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
yea its different but they cant keep their games the same or else most people will get bored and complain that it is too similar to the last games

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dude, its nothing like a "main stream" shooter. its still really realistic, there are no health pic ups, its just much easier to control and is over all a lot better then the first 2. best tom clancy series game out, rivaled only by splintercell. it has a lot of splinter cell crap in it too (u will notice it when i play level 10 if u don't earlier). i would not be suprised if it get xbox game of the year. i think POP will get it though

·
Yay! whoops! yay!
3,028 Posts
Well hey, just my opinion but I don't think it's as good. I think they should have stayed a little more towards the other 2 because that's what I loved the series for. ALSO! I noticed in the commerical for it when it shows some of the squadmates setting ready for an attack it shows Eddie Price as a young sniper. Well if you played the first two than you would know that #1, Eddie Price is not a sniper, he's normal assualt. Also, he is not young. Eddie Price is an older fellow.

But like I said, just my opinion. I seem to be the only person that dosen't like it as much as the first two. It got great reviews and I know that it's a good game, I just don't like it. I don't like it because it's different from the first two, and I loved the first two. If they would have made it a new series, I would probably like it, but since it is in this one, I wanted it to be exactly like the other two, and it's not.

Guess I am too whiney and picky. :D

·
© 2006
1,831 Posts
On Xbox? id probably end up getting it on PC, im just better at playing with a mouse. yeah it is a decent game, but the ragdoll corpses have some bugs. Ghost recon is still better if you ask me though lol, i love that game..

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
eddie price is assult and old in the new one too, the sniper is weber and the young guy is lousille(sp) and he is also assult

·
Registered
5 Posts
i totally think the new rainbow six 3 for xbox is way better then the rest. They're made it more of fun then setting up plans for an hour just to die in 10 minuets (this happened many times to me in the past rainbow six's) especially with the online play the've made the ultimate rainbow six..still not close to halo tho..

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the pc version of halo blows, and rainbow six's multiplayer rivals halo's. the story isn't even near as good though. i would not be suprised if it got xbox name of the year, but the box had so many insane titles come out in the past few months its gonna be extremely hard to beat deus ex, prince of persia, crimsom skies and KOTOR

1 - 20 of 37 Posts