Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
<3
1,347 Posts
TipP 98 CusToM said:
ive been lookin at a brass eagle rain maker, does anyone know if its any good and how many bps it does,

andf can anyone send me a link were i can buy one
They are old, you cannot buy them new anymore. Stock board I think is capped at 12 or 13, but you can mod them. Look for boss's rainmaker in the rate my marker section. If you are looking to buy one go to beog.org they have quite a few for sale usually.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
It's not so much a question of what BPS the board is capped at; it's more a question of how fast the gun will cycle. Stock, these guns can manage 12 or so. With enough work, they can be made to cycle in the low 20's. Granted, you have to replace the board or add a $20 Tlaloc chip along the way, but there are a significant amount of other mods that must also be performed before asking the gun to cycle faster.

Modding a Rainmaker is a fun and rewarding experience. There's nothing like the feeling you get when taking your completed pile of parts to the field and seeing how good it shoots. :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
I had a rainmaker for a couple years. Sold it a few weeks ago. Problem with it is it has the tendency to leak like all rainmakers do. Its a good gun and all, but im tired of wasting co2 when id rater use a reliable old pump. If your good with fixing guns, and I mean really good, than go for it. If your capable of things like 98's, a-5's, piranahs, and spyders id stay away from it as its veeeery hard to dissasemble if you break an o-ring or anything internal.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I'd also Like to get some info on the rainmakers. I've been wantin an oldschool rainmaker to get back into the sport with, and if anyone has experience with mods, please share some wisdom.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Well marty is still doing his mods I think. There's always a new frame to add, hell go for an ego or shocker/morlock frame and put eyes on it. You could also PROBABLY mod the receiver for a spyder feedeck, or get a press feed cocker neck. Clean up the front in, get a back block and run a new lpr/hpr combo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts