Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you like it?

I dont personally like it only because its the same beat over and over. Its a 2 second computer generated beat and then to mix with the fact that almost all the lyrics are all similar or related.

If rappers rapped about something different every once in awhile and found a new way to make a beat, like maybe a few drums or something else. I get so annoyed hearing that same beat over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
I'm not a wigger or anything like that, but I like some rap. Favorite songs are

NWA-express yourself (best rap song ever)
Chingy-Holidae In
Lil Jon-Get Low
idk-Tipsy

I like heavy stuff a lot more but rap is a good alternative.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rap is good, and I'd like it if the things I said changed. I have nothing against rappers or any of that, its just the songs are all the same it seems nowadays. Thats why Eminem became popular, he didnt just rap about *****es and gangsters, it was about life and everything else.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
your original post is actually very well put, you stated your opinion without be a jerk and saying "rap sucks, diuscuss" very good post. I personally do not like any rap whatsoever, but thats personal preferance, im not even sure why i dont like it, i thinks its mostly because of egenerally weak lyrics

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
I for one do not mind it as of late. Personally i've always hated it, but recently it hasn't really bothered me as much. I love old school hip hop, that stuff is great! Newer stuff just seems to lack creativity. It has it's place though. As long as the beat is good and the voice isn't too annoying, i'm for it :)

(Hard Rock still rules)

- Brian

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
older hip hop is so great. anther one of my favorite:

MC Hammer-Let's get it started

I used to not like it, then I went over to this one chicks house and listened to it and now I like it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TrueLife said:
your original post is actually very well put, you stated your opinion without be a jerk and saying "rap sucks, diuscuss" very good post. I personally do not like any rap whatsoever, but thats personal preferance, im not even sure why i dont like it, i thinks its mostly because of egenerally weak lyrics
thank you

The old stuff is pretty good, at least the stuff I was listening to when I was younger. Maybe it was because I was young, but I know have the rap that I know today because it was cool when I was a little kid. That, and my two brothers and my sister listen to rap.

The new stuff, like the 50 cent, Snoop Dogg, Nelly, Puff Daddy, and all them follow what I said at the begginning. I find no difference from song to song of each of these. A few are different and thats why I dont tell ppl to turn it off when it comes on, because i dont mind it.
Theres some with piano/electric keyboard music backgrounds, and these are HORRIBLE. Sure they sound cool at first, but as soon as the singing starts, all you hear is the beat, not the music, and when the beat is over and over and over like I said, it gets to the point where I HAVE to change it, whether or not the ppl in the car want to listen to it.

·
Registered
895 Posts
The only rap I like is the old stuff. Like Run DMC, grandmaster flash, sugarhill gang, public enemy, etc. I cant stand the new rap.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I don't really like it at all, the closest thing I like is Rage Against the Machine, and they aren't really even rap. The singer does hip-hop type stuff sometimes, but the bassist/guitarist/drummer play hard rock. I actually like that more than one or the other.

·
WWW.GAMEBOZO.COM
2,741 Posts
Dedomi said:
Rap is good, and I'd like it if the things I said changed. I have nothing against rappers or any of that, its just the songs are all the same it seems nowadays. Thats why Eminem became popular, he didnt just rap about *****es and gangsters, it was about life and everything else.
no eminem got famous because hes white hes a pure genius before him how many other white rappers were there like him with this newschool stuff? if he was black he wouldnt be anywere close to were he is right now even if he used the exact same songs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
True True i think eminem is a *** seriously. he is not even that great of a rapper he is decent i mean who could not be like would the real gay *** plese stand up ?

·
Registered
379 Posts
DBD said:
If its so easy why don't you have a record deal?
I said its easy to make up rap songs. To get a record deal you need connections with the right people and money to get them to notice you. Not to mention being able to appreciate rapping(which I dont).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts