Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
KRAKEN! KRAKEN! KRAKEN!!!
1,298 Posts
In my opinion it's well worth $50. It feeds every time the gun shoots and is faster than you will ever need. Its strongest point is the fact that it doesn't use batteries.

·
Registered
60 Posts
What he said ^

A lot of people bash the cyclone. I just grin when they walk off the field with dead batteries. I used a cyclone on my 98 and the x7 comes with one. I have never had an issue that was the hoppers fault (generally bad paint). Also when my hopper does get gunked up inside I just take the base off and dunk it in water a few times. As long as I let it drain I haven't had any issues. Frozen can say for sure if this is a good practice for cleaning a cyclone but I can guarantee it is a bad ides to dunk an electric hopper in water to clean it lol.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I'd take replacing batteries now and then over the hassle of a broken Cyclone any day. I briefly owned an A5 and I don't know if I was playing too much but I had to replace parts in it a couple of times and that is a chore you don't want to have to do at the field if you even have extra Cyclone parts.

·
KRAKEN! KRAKEN! KRAKEN!!!
1,298 Posts
There was a period where the cyclone was made with substandard internals, the new parts are made better. I'm pretty sure Tippmann will send you the newer parts for free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts