Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Rubbish!
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, a medium-sized rattlesnake decided it would crawl across my yard yesterday. Since there are little kids (and animals) around here, I decided that we can't have these things just crawling about, so I shot it.

A lot of times.

Granted, I was only using a .22 mag, but 15-18 rounds was enough to completely destroy it's head and put several large holes in it's body. The pics were taken today after someone drug it onto the pavement and removed the rattles.

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
hmm... Popsicle... and when did you remove your head from ur ass?

Ne ways,. there are rattle snakes around here. I personaly like snakes, but you did good to keep it from bitting kids... i'd skin it and pin the skin on my wall :)

·
Registered
898 Posts
I too, am a snake lover. Have one of my own. Anyway, you did a good job with the rattler. They are mean-tempered sons of *****es that will attack anyone and anything.

·
Rubbish!
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dante's Inferno said:
They are mean-tempered sons of *****es that will attack anyone and anything.
Yeah, I had always thought that, but I didn't realize it was true. This one seemed very aggressive, and I didn't really do anything to bother it... until I hit him with a 2x4 (to get him off the road) and shot him in the head.

·
Registered
898 Posts
allstarunited said:
Yeah, I had always thought that, but I didn't realize it was true. This one seemed very aggressive, and I didn't really do anything to bother it... until I hit him with a 2x4 (to get him off the road) and shot him in the head.
They will attack anything and are one of the most aggressive snakes there is. They have been known to attack livestock, humans, even birds. Especially in hotter temperatures, they are violent and tend to strike out often.

D

·
0 Posts
its a good thing ya shot it, insted of you know, letting professionals handle it

·
Registered
898 Posts
D_Smalls said:
its a good thing ya shot it, insted of you know, letting professionals handle it
Any professional would more than likely killed it on the spot anyway...

By the way, that phantom for sale in profile?

·
Rubbish!
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
D_Smalls said:
HAHAHA!

Oh wait, are you serious? Right... I'm going to sit there and watch a snake for hours to see where it goes, waiting for someone to come try and catch it in a bag. Great idea. :rolleyes:

Shooting it took all of 5 minutes. The job was done quickly, efficiently, and most importantly, at little to no cost to me. The way I see it, the snake was trespassing on my land anyway, and it's perfectly legal (encouraged, in some places) to kill rattlesnakes and cottonmouths in Florida.

*EDIT* I should probably point out that this took place on a fairly large amount of private land, not in some neighborhood where kids could have been injured by riccocheting bullets.

dhill0413 said:
me being the idiot i am, i wouldve tried to catch it myself and then put it somewhere
Aspiring to be the next crocodile hunter?

D

·
0 Posts
allstarunited said:
the snake was trespassing on my land anyway,
lol wtf man.

but yeah. im a hippie when it comes to that ****.. i dont even like killing mice..

1 - 20 of 39 Posts