Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been thinking of getting one just to fly around at the parks here. Does anyone here have any experience with them?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I used to fly RC planes. If its your first time flying one you might want to invest in a ready-to-fly kit. You could get those at hobby shops for under $100

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah ive been thinking of something simple to start out with, but i also dont want to buy something that will only last me for a week as i get used to flying

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what do you mean? ive seen a few people flying them around here. We have a lot of open space at the soccer and football fields

·
Registered
31 Posts
Umm... a company called Wattage sells some pretty good electric kits that will last you a while and have components that you could use with other models. And you can fly them in parks as well.

·
Registered
431 Posts
NYY said:
what do you mean? ive seen a few people flying them around here. We have a lot of open space at the soccer and football fields
people will/can get pissed and get mad for u flying it over their property... but if u get really into it and get a plane(s) longer then me im 5'11-6'1 u need to goto a designated field for it..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Most people won't get mad if you only have a small plane.

·
Registered
216 Posts
my father got into it then into motorcycles. my friend crashed the plane. went into the ground about a foot. i am thinking about biulding a half scale f-15 with turbines. expensive but you can see it on radar. lol

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I race, or used to race r/c trucks, (hence the name t-maxx) If you dont have any friends to race with, its kinda pointless, thats why i hardly do it anymore. R/c is expensive, fuel is like $30 a gallon, and parts will be a good bit too if you wreck it. But, fun i guess nonetheless.

*edit, a pic of my truck when i bought it. (the insanely large one)

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
if your thinking of getting into planes go get real flight. its an rc airplane simulator. i worked at a hobby shop for 2 years and everytime we sold a plane we woould have them use the simulator for a few hours just to show them what they are getting into. its actualy pretty realistic. iw ould pick that up and then think about getting a plane.

·
Registered
221 Posts
My brother flys them and he wanted something he didn't care about (meaning crash it) and I could fly. Its a model airplane made out of styrofoam (spelled?). So if you crash it you can fix it easy.

·
Registered
347 Posts
my dad used to fly them back in the day where there was no reamote controll (he dose actually have 1 remote though). i drive my r/c trick occassionally now but like t-maxx said its hard to stay into it when you don't really ave anyone you know that dose it. it is an expensive hobbie/sport just like paintball too. both of those things you should be mindful before getting into it. like blackcloud said most people will not get mad if you have a small plane, but some will. make sure it is an open area where you have plenty of landing room, and are not near an airport.(i am too close to one to be able to fly one around my house so i gave up on buying one.) you may have to drive a long ways before you can get somewhere wher you can fly it without any complaints so check things out indepth before hand. also do get a ready to fly kit. starting out with a kit would/could be extreamly overwhelming before you actually tinker with one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i got a 100 dollar one and its a little hard to control sometimes...as it starts to drop fast if you are turning. but it is pretty fun. i did chop a wing off by hitting a street sign...it looked pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
ok guys my cousin sent me an awesome vid of a f-14 remote control plane thing....do u guys know how i can transfer the attachment from my e-mail to here ?

·
Registered
485 Posts
*SHOCKER* said:
ok guys my cousin sent me an awesome vid of a f-14 remote control plane thing....do u guys know how i can transfer the attachment from my e-mail to here ?

download the video, use googles video uploader(here), then post the link here. thumup:

I used to be into R/c trucks, but it was a really expensive hobby, so I got out of it.

I had one back in the days of the original 1.5 TMaxx. They're fun.

·
Registered
96 Posts
ooo i had one once but i flew it into a tree, I climbed the tree to find a large bee nest thing so i gave up

1 - 20 of 24 Posts