Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One day I was searching around PBN and I came across a Picture of an RC Car with a Paintball gun on the top of it. So I went to google and found some great sites with information on them. So I showed my Friend and He said, "Hell yeah, lets do it!" So I went over to his house on Friday, rather Late, and we worked on his brothers old RC cars that he let him have. He Found a Chasey (sp) with just a motor and some racing wheels on it. We began to tinker with the Electronics. We threw a Reciver in there with some Servo's. We had a running Car. We tested the rest of the Servo's, some of them worked...most of them didnt. We got by with what we had. We attached a Servo to a Board (That had my Marker Strapped to it) it moved with relative ease. He added another Reciver in the Car so that we could have seperate Controllers for the Turret and Car. All we need to do yet, is the Trigger mechanism (Which will be done with one more Servo) The Treds (I am searching how to do that cheaply) and The Tank Armor (Which we will make in our schools woodshop on Monday) and of course...Buy another marker to put in the turret. I will try to have some pics on Monday night.

Has anyone else Tried this here? and What do you think of the Concept?
Also, Do you think Skirmish would allow something like this at D-Day?

Do you have any questions for me?

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
awesome concept, except you'd need to still be somewhere near it to make it work. you obviously couldnt just sit at the base and use it from there. so other than that cool idea.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but we most likely are going to be close to it...withen Eyesight. Its kinda just for if we are in a Fire fight, just let it loose and get behind the other persons bunker...Pissing them off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds pretty interesting, good luck with it, post those links that you found in your google search. Post those pics soon, i have a bunch of rc cars and could possibly help with your project.

Keith

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I dont think we are allowed to post links other than xpaintball.com
But I did a Google Search for RC "Paintball Tanks"
Its the first choice, "R/C Tank Combat - The Ultimate Tactical Warfare Game"

The Car has been in school for a while so I havent been able to get any pics. I will proably only be able to get pics once we are finished with the armor.

PS. We have found that the Treds wont work with the Electro setup we have. So it will just have some regular tires.

·
PBaholic #14
1,553 Posts
haha dude thats awsome i thought of that idea once but never went with it, i wanna no what i missed out on so post back with some pics and maybe a vid.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heh, That'd be Pretty awesome. But we are trying to make this as cheaply as possible.

We're whatever Marker we can find cheap. Right now it will probably be a Black Maxx, with a Custom Barrel. (My Buddies Dad works at a Machine Shop).

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Last week my Workshop teacher's wife had a baby. He was out half of last week and all of this week. And now it is Thanksgiving Break, so I wont be able to get Pics or inform you on the progress untill at least Tuesday. The Tank is at school so we cant work on it either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts