Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
ja289 said:
someone at work told me they're getting rid of pennies - is this true?
Probably, they'd most likely be more valuable if they were made into copper wire.

Pennies are copper right?

·
Liquor for da Homiez
5,338 Posts
I belive they are copper 'plated' but have a different metal (maby nickle?) on the inside.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Interesting indeed.....

But um...how are you guaranteed that any places will accept this "real" money?

I don't want to say it's fake...it just doesn't make a lot of sense to me that they are charging FRN's for Liberty Dollars on their website. The site also makes many mentions of "people will take it!" People are so caught up in the hum drum crap of every day life to accept the possibility of something new. I can't imagine going to target and being able to get away from the counter with a casheir easily accepting my "fake money."

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
This is all a scheme by the Libertarian Illuminati.

No seriously, it's actually a pretty good idea, too bad it won't catch on. Economists have been praising these kinds of systems for years.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Oh I think it's a great idea and it's a shame that most people wouldn't embrace it. Today's society is ENTIRELY money driven, and I HATE that. This would be a step in the right direction I think, but sadly, I'm afraid people are going to forever be stuck in a rut.

·
to lazy to change avatar
1,777 Posts
eh, idk. its a good idea, but try convincing everyone else. I just think it wont catch on.

fyi- currently pennies cost about 1.4 cents to make, and increases as prices of metals goes up, which is pretty high right now.

·
Registered
493 Posts
zpyro said:
have you guys read this part?
http://www.libertydollar.org/html/rc.asp

sounds a whole lot like a pyramid scheme to me. you "sponsor" people and make money off of them..
it is a type of Pyramid scheme. seems that the purpose is more to spread the idea around rather than make oogles of money. plus the ability to get the stuff with out jummping on the pyramid pile make it seem more like a pyramid scam without a scam. of course i could just be trusting thumup:

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
I didnt do alot of reading on the website. But a simple fact is, Convience usually outweighs everything. Cash + Credit Cards are more convient than anything.

·
Lounge prostitute
1,945 Posts
BAURblades said:
I belive they are copper 'plated' but have a different metal (maby nickle?) on the inside.
They are like that...i drilled into one a year or two ago.

But yea, killing the penny isn't rly goign to do much, who the **** ever bought anything with pennies anywhoo?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts