Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
why would you want to do that? without regulation, a 9v is just going to over-torque everything, and run out of juice fast, at that. i run mine on rechargeables, often half-dead ones, and it's smooth as butter and still plenty fast enough to support 12.5 (not that I shoot an electro much).

D

·
0 Posts
Have about ..15? 20? cases through mine. Marbalizer, DXS Silver, DXS Frostbyte, DXS RecSport, Valken Graffiti, and GI 2star.

I want to say the only time I've even had something remotely close to a jam happened when I turned the hopper on. Loaded the ball stack. Turned it off before the game, cleared the stack when the game started, and turned the hopper back on. But, one time in 8 months in a less than realistic situation?

I like my rotor :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Rotors.

The only hopper I hate more than it is the Vmax.

I'm not saying the Rotor is bad, it just doesn't work for me. I'm a tournament player and sometimes I have to play in the rain. If rain gets into my hopper my paint swells just a little when the sun comes out causing me to rip away at the unjam fin when I'm laning. That's why I love the Z2, it unjams. With the pathfinder board and unjamming I do believe that it could help me from concentrating on having to unjam while I'm laning.

Is the Pathfinder a helpful upgrade for everybody? No. If you get perfect cases of RPS Evil that don't jam, good for you, if you don't deal with swelling paint, good for you, but some people like me play with all sorts of different paint in all sorts of condition and it can vary in size, shape, and shell hardness.

·
Administrator
14,012 Posts
iv played in the rain with a rotor and a speed feed, have never had issues

how long was your paint wet for?

i mean if its like sitting in there forever then sure, but then i really dont see how any other hopper would do anything different in the same situation

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a 4 minute game in the rain. Also, my field is next to a very dense patch of woods and a cornfield so when the sun comes up after it rains the air gets very humid and warm and the paint in the hopper swells. I'm not saying I don't have issues with a Z2, but they fix themselves out.

EDIT: That was my last experience playing with a Rotor. I've played 2 tournaments with a Rotor and both were problematic because the Rotors aren't as good with swelled paint.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts