Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I see in this section is threads about woodsball. Rec. ball isnt just woodsball. You can play speedball, hyperball, tube feilds, and just feilds that can be like attack and defend.

The reason I say this is because it gets on my nerve with everyone talkin about woodsball. sorry if this wasted your time, but its just my concern.

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
Technically, you’re correct. Recball does cover a wide area of styles. Though it seems, to me at least, that on this forum, it’s broken down a little differently.

Recball = Woodsball / outlaw ball
Speedball = All forms of speedball on rec and torny level.
Torny ball = Tournaments, duh
Scenario ball = Scenario play

The reason speedball is seen in a different category so to speak is that the majority of people that play weekend ball, are indeed woodsballers. Most people do not play speedball believe it or not. I think you should be happy to have your own category; it distinguishes you from the treehoppers. ( I am one myself )

Don’t worry, speedballers are the public face of paintball. You guys give us the good name, we provide fresh players. It’s a good mix if you ask me. So don’t get offended, you guys definitely aren’t forgotten. Though the scenario market is getting extremely interesting now with the Tac One and the VF Tactical. Who knows where the world of paintball will swing next.

- Brian

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
i totally agree with you headley, i play woodsball myself, and for me i only go when i have the funds available to buy half a case, and co2, and i play till it's gone... yes i might like to get into speedball someday, but with my current **** job there's no way i'd be able to have the cash and still be able to pay for other things like car insurance, or money to spend when i'm out with my g/f or what not.... and for me woodsball just seems more recreational than speedball, or any other types. woods is a lot more laid back, and slower, and therefor that's why i think more people refer to rec ball as woods.....

·
Registered
520 Posts
i play alot of rec,and tourniments, i love speedball,hyperball,some but not many wood feilds

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
i've been playing for over 2 years, and i've only played about 3 woodsball games. For the past 2 years i've been playing walkon speedball with random people and teams that needed extra players. But now i have a job so i moved up to tourney level ball.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i dont hav a problem with speedball or speedballers in general. it just is anoying how some of them think that they r better than woodsballers because they hav more expensie guns. ion my mind they arnt skilled enough to hide or conceal themselves so they just wear bright colored suits, shoot off a case, and run and hide behind a baloon

·
Registered
39 Posts
very good point BC 'balla..

i totally agree with you, i've been playin rec for 2 years and i'm just now startin a team.

we mostly play woodsball these days but i love speedball like a monkey..

maybe we should have woodsball, speedball and a tourny section.. but i doubt anybody wants to bother changin the forums around, so maybe we can just start talkin rec speedball in here.. now i just gotta think up a thread topic.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree with Lord Headley, I love woodsball, but I have nothing against speedball and other types of games. Woodsball just happens to be my favorite.

·
Banned
1,260 Posts
....................../´¯/
..................../¯ /
.................../..../
............./´¯/`...`/´¯¯`·¸
............/`/.../..../......./¨¯\
........(`(...´...´.... ¯~/`...`)
.........\.................`...../
..........`\`...\.......... _.·´
...............\..............(
..............\.............

·
Registered
716 Posts
I know there's a lot of people (a good friend of mine being one of them) who hates speedball because he insists it is NOT paintball and that the mindset players have when they head onto the Sup'Air field is "I'm gonna be shot" and he's too stubborn to listen to me when I try to change his idea of it. He won't even try speedball. So he sits in the woods. And won't try anything new. BAH! A couple months ago I was woodsballer but I did enjoy speedball. Now speedball is my favorite, but I still enjoy woods.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I dont Care for Speedball.....I love being in the Woods, And I love Stealth, So I play Woods
I have nothing Against Speedballers though, I think Rec Ball is defind as Anything that You play for Recreation....Like not a A Field where you gotta pay to get in, Like playing in your Friends woods or something

1 - 20 of 21 Posts