Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im intrested in knowing what paint is best for woodsball/speed ball that will go with my Spyder Pilot 09/eyes with a 16inch Cyclone barrel. What size of paintball I need and any recommended brands?

Im looking somewhere around $40 for 1000 - 2000 case. Just good paint that will fit my marker and will not chop too often.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I would experiment with several Rec-Grade paintballs such as Draxxus Rec-Sport, Draxxus Triumph, WPN Weapons Grade, or even XO V1 Paintballs. I have never tried any strictly mil-sim/woodsball paintballs though. Some of those are XO Camotac Paintballs and RPS Munition.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Draxxus Rec-Sport is great paint.

·
Avid Musician
138 Posts
yeah im gonna have to agree with the popular vote, draxxus rec-sport is cheap and good paint too. diablo isnt bad for the price:quality ratio

·
Registered
201 Posts
I know this might sound crazy but I picked up a case of visible impact at wal mart the other day. It was actually very good. It was the next step up from their most basic paint. Called "Pro Series" I think. 37 or so after tax. Consistenly round, not a dimple paintball in the case, and broke very consistenly on impact. Very few bounces. Course the problem is that coming from wal mart you never are assured of the quality. I have got some paint from there that was absolutely horrid, paintballs that looked more like footballs and half the case dimpled.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Almost every single paintball I have ever shot in my history of playing has had a dimple in it. There was a dimple in every paintball in the case of RPS Premium that I got for Christmas this year, in fact, that is almost guaranteed whenever I buy a case of paint. I wonder what causes it, though it has not affected the accuracy of my Timmy.

·
Avid Musician
138 Posts
yeah i agree, check the box before buying it. Its not like they can say no, your just inspecting their products, plus, all they are gonna do is cut the tape, then retape it, so they shouldnt have a problem with it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I like Draxxus Midnight Paintballs. 40 or 35 on sale or was it 35-30 at sports authority. They usually date them too. Open them and give a quick once over of course :)

·
Avid Musician
138 Posts
yeah midnights are good, i like them, but at my local field they have to be branded with a PPS logo on the actual paintball, so i have to buy them from Paintball Players Supply for $49.99 so i usualy get the rec-sports

·
Stripper Supporter
1,199 Posts
for woodsball walmart Visible impact works fine. $30 for 2000
For woodsball, any paint works... It doesn't have to be cheap, and it doesn't have to be expensive. I've used walmart paint, and I can honestly say that I never will again. That being said, on a typical day of woodsball, I'm not going to go out and buy 10 cases of Evil paint. 9 times out of 10 I'll use the recsport for woodsball/walk on/league play. Now when it comes to tourney play, I'll go with something a little better like Evil, Draxxus Gold, or even some Marblizer (just depends on which one is cheaper at the time)

·
Avid Musician
138 Posts
For woodsball, any paint works... It doesn't have to be cheap, and it doesn't have to be expensive. I've used walmart paint, and I can honestly say that I never will again. That being said, on a typical day of woodsball, I'm not going to go out and buy 10 cases of Evil paint. 9 times out of 10 I'll use the recsport for woodsball/walk on/league play. Now when it comes to tourney play, I'll go with something a little better like Evil, Draxxus Gold, or even some Marblizer (just depends on which one is cheaper at the time)
Agreed thumup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts