Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have the gun posted in my sig, and my friend has an a5 with the same stock, a new barrel, remote, and shocktech bolt. he is about to drop a couple hundred into his gun, including a compressed air tank, an egrip, sight rail and a tac cap. i was thinking about maybe getting a rt, maybe a better barrel. anybody have any upgrade reccomendations for either of these guns? thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, but i only have a old style custom, with the old thread style as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i would get the barrel before the rt, especially for woodsball. Accuracy is more important than speed. Look into a cp 14" one piece or a J&J 14" one piece. They are very good barrels. They are also only about $30.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, i figured i would finish off with the barrel, cause i already have the xcel, which works fine for now, and im trying to keep up with my friends, who all have electropneumatic markers already. but yeah, we still do play woodsball. any suggestions for my a5 friend?

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Basicly what I would do is

Modify the CRX for better Flow
Install a Responce Trigger
Polish the internals
Install a Regulator (Custom Products or Plamers Stablizer)
Retune every thing and get it running at around 550 psi

PM me if ya got questions or would like me to do any of the more complicated mods fo ya

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Grand Lethal said:
CP can handle CO2?
Sorry CP can't

I offer it for HPA and nirto setups which is what i recomend after i get a hold of most tippmanns

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok thanks for the help guys, i have the foregrip which is extremely similar to the proteam intruder one, so i dont need a remote, i have polished my internals, but to mortisdeum, this is probably a stupid question, but how do i pm you, and i was wondering how you modified your cvx valve. i dont think im going to get a regulator anytime soon because i just bought that cmi foregrip, and i love the balance it gives my gun.

·
Registered
201 Posts
a better barrel is usually your first upgrade...look into CP one pieces...they freakin rock

·
Registered
452 Posts
Mortisdeum said:
Basicly what I would do is

Modify the CRX for better Flow
Install a Responce Trigger
Polish the internals
Install a Regulator (Custom Products or Plamers Stablizer)
Retune every thing and get it running at around 550 psi

PM me if ya got questions or would like me to do any of the more complicated mods fo ya
CRX??? Please explain lol.
And yeah get a good barrel over egrip or RT, even though i havnt used my gun much i bearly use speed as much as i need good accuarate shots.

·
Registered
559 Posts
fbarrel comes first then firepower then internals then whatever you want for cosmetics (I choose none)

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm not sure if you have a HPA tank or not. If not I'd make that your first upgrade. Your gun sounds great. Can't really see you needing any upgrades for it besides HPA. Now on to regs. Can a stock A-5 use a CP reg? Don't they only goto 600psi or so? Doesn't a stock A-5 need around 8-900 to work properly?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts