Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i use to be all about the metal and hard riffs.. but lately, im looking for something more...

i recently got the new godsmack cd.. its all acoustic.. and i love it.. its got all the energy of their metal music.. but its tone down instrumental wise

so.. im looking for new bands.. most main stream softer stuff pisses me off cuz its so aimed at pleasing stupid little girls and selling out to them.....

like, also, lotta people hate effects in music.. but i think they are sweet, really adds to the music and the energy... but all techno and rip beat stuff pisses me off... like best example would be how rammstein uses FX....

so yeah.. im looking for some new bands...
ideas?

and by softer.. i dont want emo ****... or all that crap... just toned down metal type stuff.. like old staind....

·
Registered
61 Posts
im not sure what you mean....but from what i can tell sum41, blink 182, sugarcult, and all of them would be cool for ya.......i like rap myself(dirty south)

·
Registered
375 Posts
If you want good effects get some RATM. A lot of RHCP songs are good, and I think it's a nice alternative to some of the other stuff i listen to. Might try those, if i think of more I'll post em.

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Check out Van Halen, Iron Maiden, Led Zepplin and Nirvana. They're not that heavy and have some kick ass music. Also check out Primus.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ahh Primus.. thats what i couldn't think of.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i already have some nirvana and rage against the machine.. all great stuff...

meh weezer, some i like, some i dont...

damn me and my pickiness.

ill check out primus

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Listen to more Tool and Perfect Circle. More = Better. They're slow/toned down, but still heavy in ways. Chevelle...uh....haha, wow, this is hard. I'll think of more, I don't listen to ALL metal ALL the time.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Punk is exactly like metal only a little different in music, and they all sing the same. Some Clash, Ramones, Doors, Sex Pistols, there ya go.

Some others might be Pennywise, Papa Roach, Nickelback, Pink Floyd

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hmm ill go with the tool... already have a bunch, maybe ill finally buy one of thier cds.. and perfect circle.. i didnt realy like...

i wanna get that seether cd too...

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Yea, I was gonna say Seether. Some Fireball Ministry songs, older stuff, Corrosion of Conformity is good, older Live and STP, bla bla, I'll take a look at my mixes when I get back home.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts