Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the sport and plan on making my experience better. I just bought a Spyder Xtra last week and was just wondering what type of upgrades would you guys choose to put on? I know for sure I want to put a new barrel on it but I'm not willing to spend too much money on this stuff yet. Any recommendations or even weblinks would be great!

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
SEARCH!

Feedneck, barrel, e-frame. Check out ottercustoms and do the home mods there.

For a feedneck, CCM is the top of the line.

Just get the newer style kingman e-frame(the VS frames dont fit), or get one of the older ones used....

barrel- the J&J seems to be popular, the dye boomstick and ultralite are good choices since you would only need a new back and not a whole new barrel if you upgrade to a new gun. Used spyder barrel are cheap, shoot I saw a pipe kit go for 15$ new the other day(I have a hunch kingman may be getting ready to go cocker on us...)...

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
If Kingman went cocker I'd be surprised, but they did switch to conventional reg threads so I wouldn't at all drop dead surprised. But ottercustoms has some amazing mods for a spyder.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
and there almost free to do :D(ottercustoms)

I say I'm thinking that because of all the changes being made. They seem to be trying to break into the mid range market, to drive themselves back into the place the old e-spyder occupied before the ion. I think a re-thread in cocker would help there sales, and they seem to be getting more and more willing to go to industry standards to make sales..

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I've noticed that as well, conventional regs, on/offs, break beam eyes, clamping feednecks. N2 only guns(though it is only the regulator).

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Notice the RS series guns have a reg that can deal with CO2 in a vertical package now? I think they'll make a run, if not already HAVE made a run, at completely surplanting the ion in that price bracket.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Really? I didn't know the RSX was compatible with CO2. and Their is a RS series? I thought it was just the RSX

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Spyder.tv - Spyder RS Series Paintball Markers

They want to much for them right this second, but I would still want the RS over an ion....at least if it breaks I know It can't be more than two or three things and they're twenty minute fixes..

I think the next step out may be a FASOR, or an attempt at another timmy style marker...

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I would love them to revamp and make the EM1(I believe that was the name of it) a good competitive marker. They only have one eye in them? I tohught they came with break beams, especially with that tadao board.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the tips and speedy replies. I'm definatly leaning towards the smart parts Ceramic Barrel and would love to buy a HPA tank in the future.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
I do believe you meen the J&J ceramic?

and btw, will ALL the OtterSCCustoms mods and an Ultra-Light Hammer/Striker, I get a case of paint off of a 20oz co2 tank, and that impressed me :)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I always got around that from my old spyder pilot, and I never modded it. and No it wasn't overfilled.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Some of them do get really good efficiency, alot of it has to do with what mainspring/valve spring you have, how the valve was milled/polished, and how well polished the striker was.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Stock, my Imagine got crap for efficiency than >.<

Still a huge improvement over my person stock stuff though, and I'm happy about it :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts