Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
I'm not sure if it will or not. Like tippy said, take it into the store and try it out, first.

Ps. Don't listen to him, do whatever you want with your gun. That is the glory of it. It's YOURS.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
The flatline shroud can move a little bit on the marker because it is only attached at the back and around the barrel at the front, making a sight inconsistent. Smitty Had a sight on his im pretty sure, try sending him a private message.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Scopes suck! I bought one and it sucks it's much easier to just aim and shoot. Spending time lining up a shot just leads to equil if not worse stats, and you pay for that! (it really blows trust me)

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I bought a 30mm BSA for my flatline and it would not fit so I sold it and got a 42mm Red dot. It works great. I dont care what anyone says a red dot and flatline is a terrific combination.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Dont get me wrong, the 42mm isnt necessarilly going to fit. Just whatever red dot you go with make sure it has the smaller of the 2 mounts (dovetail or weaver I dont remember which is smaller but you want the smaller of the two.) The 98C will accomodate both mounts however the flatline shroud only has the smaller of the two types of mounts and the shroud covers the stock mounts of the 98C.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sheesh...gotta love all the red dot site/scope haters

Don't know about on other sites, but at www.specialopspaintball.com they have 2 different types of red dot scopes, they have the weaver mount style and the 3/8" dovetail style (which is what is on top of a tippmann 98 and also on the flatline barrel rail). If you have a flatline barrel and want to mount a red dot scope without having to purchase a separate adapter, buy a 3/8" dovetail mount scope, but they also have the adapters to mount a 3/8" dovetail to gun with a weaver mount on top of it on that site as well. You can get an adpater and put a weaver mount scope on your flatline. You could just get your JCS adapter straight from blackpoint engineering if you wish, at www.bp-usa.com.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts