Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Regulator...true/false?

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  samanoususke 
#1 ·
ok i got a question....i keep hearing regs dont do anything if u r running co2...sumthing about it dont do anything for co2 cuz it liquid or sumthing....is this true or not? if its flase wat does it do for ur gunning running co2?
ty

#2 ·
It does a lot for your gun, especially if you are running co2. It makes the pressure coming into your gun more consistant, which makes your gun a lot more consistant. It will cut down the pressure spikes and drops because you arenot needing all of the air that the co2 is putting out.

#4 ·
sick_dawg5440 said:
It does a lot for your gun, especially if you are running co2. It makes the pressure coming into your gun more consistant, which makes your gun a lot more consistant. It will cut down the pressure spikes and drops because you arenot needing all of the air that the co2 is putting out.
Couldent have said it any better. This is so true especially for co2. I reccomend getting a reg. PM me or sick for reccomendations on a awsome reg :).

#5 ·
Good regulators like Bob Longs Torpedo and Palmers Stabilizer will work great with co2 and will actually help keep out more unwanted liquid co2 better than an Xchamber. And if you match that with an anti-siphon tube for your tank you have a great set up.

#7 ·
personally, The PE reg is no good. Get a bob long torpedo or Palmers Stabilizer, they really work well with Anti-siphon co2. Also, the Palmers is one of the finest for both co2 and HPA.

#10 ·
DemoCommando said:
Just PE is looked down upon so I must follow word of mouth.
Can't argue with that ;). The stab and torpedo are better by far. But if your on a strict budget then the PE is the way 2 go.

#11 ·
What is the output pressure range of the BL Torpedo? I've been shopping for a reg for my nefew and most places state the max output being in the 500psi neighborhood, but are intended to operate at about 300psi or less. With the stock valve, his Imagine wouldn't get up to 280fps under 600psi.

#12 ·
KingFikiElectra said:
Can't argue with that ;). The stab and torpedo are better by far. But if your on a strict budget then the PE is the way 2 go.
Or you can find a used Torp or Stabilizer, dont go with the PE Ive heard bad things with them.

Destructo6 said:
What is the output pressure range of the BL Torpedo? I've been shopping for a reg for my nefew and most places state the max output being in the 500psi neighborhood, but are intended to operate at about 300psi or less. With the stock valve, his Imagine wouldn't get up to 280fps under 600psi.
Yea its rated up to 500psi but Ive heard of others getting above that into the 600psi range with no recocking issues but I cant say from experience, but overall I would save for the Stabilizer.

#14 ·
Yea it can tolerate co2 while being able to still work on HPA. A secondary reg is a good idea since it will allow you to adjust the pressure which will increase your consistency. And you can use it on another marker. Their are better out their such as the Sidewinder that are basically just for HPA but the Torp will work to and you dont have to worry about using co2 through it. Just make sure you get an HP tank and not an LP. Crossfire and Centerflag make great tanks at resonable prices.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.