Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I've been trying to take apart my stock ion regulator. I've take out the safety screws and the bottom black peice but I can't get the gold colored spring platform out. I'm using a deep well socket but it won't budge. I've even had some one hold the reg while I try to turn the reg. that didn't work. Any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
While this would probably not be the suggestion you'd want to listen to, my way of rebuilding SP regs was:

1. Remove from marker
2. Place in nearest trash receptacle
3. Put a real reg that doesn't require a dumb-ass deepwell socket to rebuild on marker
4. Play

Every SP marker I've ever owned I followed this routine, and it's NEVER failed to keep me running well.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its not letting me quote for some reason but ya I agree its rally stupid especially when u look at sockets and see that they angle slightly in at first only reason I wanted to keep this one is I heard its actually a really goodreg out there compared to like cp regs and stuff plus I don't have another $70 to throw at this marker
But ya I'll try using some pliers to hold it or those rubber wrenches I can't remember name of em but thanks I'll let u guys know how it goes but if I can't get it out any recommendations on regs?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any regulator will fit. CP regulators oe evil detanator regulators will be the cheapest from a store.

I heard cp regs aren't very good I heard they don't recharge very fast and have a lot of problems of first shot drop off is this true cuz if it isn't I'll grab one of those my pro shop has a ton of em

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not that iv heard of, regs dont cause FSDO and recharge times are all way better than you will need at this point.

while i think the stock ion reg is a good one i agree, too much of a PITA to keep
ok thanks turbo i was always confused about fsdo till this one guy told me it would be ur reg's fault and i stuck with that thought for then on. So would you recomend the cp reg? and if so is the new v2 worth an extra $10 compraed to the first hsorter one?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
FSDO is caused by bolt stick.

Regs *CAN* cause shoot down, or extremely inconsistent shot to shot velocities. One of the easiest ways to tell when a reg is ready for rebuild is that your shot to shot consistency starts to suffer.

As far as the CP, they're decent regs. They're NOT better than most stock regs, and the original v1 dildo CP reg I hate because of the fact that it looks like a dildo. But the v2's I like, and since it's gotten really difficult to find Evil Detonators now, the v2 CP has become my preferred aftermarket reg. Generally, it's not a good deal to replace a reg unless it's a DP (garbage regs, good design, but ultra-craptastic QC, so some are great, but a lot are rubbish), Smart Parts (deepwell socket), or one of the various low end FASOR's that were made for so long.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sometimes.

anyways. CP is some of the best regs you can get on a budget... dunno why anyone would say they're crap. i've picked up a CP for my quest and a CP for my cocker
FSDO is caused by bolt stick.

Regs *CAN* cause shoot down, or extremely inconsistent shot to shot velocities. One of the easiest ways to tell when a reg is ready for rebuild is that your shot to shot consistency starts to suffer.

As far as the CP, they're decent regs. They're NOT better than most stock regs, and the original v1 dildo CP reg I hate because of the fact that it looks like a dildo. But the v2's I like, and since it's gotten really difficult to find Evil Detonators now, the v2 CP has become my preferred aftermarket reg. Generally, it's not a good deal to replace a reg unless it's a DP (garbage regs, good design, but ultra-craptastic QC, so some are great, but a lot are rubbish), Smart Parts (deepwell socket), or one of the various low end FASOR's that were made for so long.
Ok thanks my pro shoo has a ton of the cp v2 regs so I might grab one cuz I'm worried cuz right now my stock reg is working fine but I'm worried that I'll be on the field and something will happen the reg and I won't be able to maintence is because I believe the previous owner over screwed the spring platform and just won't budge and I'll be stuck running around trying to go run the buy a reg from the pro shop at the field really quick

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I keep a spare reg in my toobox just in case something happens (happens to be a SystemX reg) so that I can just slap another reg on, rechrono, and go and deal with doing full maintenance when I get home.
guess i dont have a spare reg anymore since i gave my cocker reg to my roommate
Ya I think I'll do that and trbo guess what I have a slightly used stock ion reg for sale only $80 right now haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts