Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went and saw the USS JFK (Which is 1 of 2 current diesel aircraft carriers.

They were thinking of decommissioning(sp) it, and its docked in Boston.

I saw a snippet of it in the news and I saw a JSF (F-35) on the flight deck and I'm like "Yes. I have to go."

So I arrive at like 9:15. The line is about a mile and a half long, winding through the buildings of the naval reserve channel. Crazy.

We got to the security checkpoint, and the Marines were giving out posters, and you could do pullups for prizes (but you hd to be 17... Otherwise I would've gotten a t-shirt). One guy even gave me TWO stickers. W00t. They had the USMC Hummer there (Friggin 40" plasma in the back with a PS2), and some other cool stuff.

We got inside the hangar adn they had an F18 and another CArrier based aircraft I can't seem to remember.

My family was all itching to go ride the plane elevator to the flight deck and walk around. But I wanted to check out what was on the other side of the huge bulkhead.

I step through the big emergency doors.. And what do I see?

Hummers, deuce and a half, AAV, FOX, 155mm howitzers, 60 and 81mm mortars, M16A4's, with 203's, M240's, SAWS... It was diesel.

I walked over to the dude with the 16, and all the little kids were holding it... So when it was my turn, I check the mag, charged it, and take aim across the room. My mom was like wtf since when do you know how to work one of those?

One of the snipers in the 24thMEU showed me a little bit on how to adjust the sights on his M40, and I also got to play with an M82.

The Mk19 was pretty fun too. Its a ***** to charge though. At first I just tried to pull it back, but you really gotta throw your body into it. I didnt want to break it...

I had some good conversations with a few active duty marines about joining the military...Good ****, great guys.

Went up onto the flight deck and met a couple marines who were stationed a few miles from fallujah. I made a point to say I know a lot of people around here are crazy liberals and think the military and the iraqi wr is all bs, but I just want to say I appreciate you going and fighting for our country, even when theres a divided nation back home *****ign and complaining while you're over there. I think I made his day.

Played around with the .50 on the Chinook, then sat in the cockpit and played with all the buttons (I could NOT be a pilot. Way too many tempting buttons to push).

I finally get over to the JSF I've been wanting to see... And its a damn mockup. IT sjust made of fiberglass and wood. Had my damn hopes up. I knew there was somethign strange about having the bays open and a pait of aim120's hanging out.

Anyways I just needed to tell you guys how much of a great day I had. Props for the navy too. The marines couldn't do their jobs without them! :D

TL;DR: Get out of my thread or read it.

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just wish my parents took me to stuff like this when I was litle. Theres like tow air bases within an hours drive, and they used to have shows all the time pre 911.

The security was amazing. I forgot to mention the two marines sporting MM1014's at the entrance and exit. Kinda scary when you walk up the gangway and boom, all of a sudden theres a guy with a damn shotgun two feet away from you.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Nice, I was on the T today, alot of people commuting to see that. I had no idea the Kennedy was in town, I would have went and saw it. I toured it before when the tall ships were in Boston...

I didn't think the JSF was out yet, figures..

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hehehehehehehehhehehehehehehehehehehehemuahahahahha, u saw mock ups. Lol, anytime I want to go see a jet I
1. Grab underwear
2. Put on underwear
3. Put on clothes.
4. Play James bonde.
5. Drive all sneaky to base
6. Show i d card
7. Drive to hangar.
8. Say hi to dad

To see ejection seat I do all of the above but add step 9. Step 9: Go say hi to step dad

To go see airplane take off do all of that, but modify step 9 to 9: say hi to mom with ear protection on

Sometimes we'll have navy f16s and such

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
my uncle works on a 600 foot merchant ship, and he says it gets like 200 gallons to the mile of ****ty oil (which is what they burn) so it aint much lol

sounds awesome alpha- kinda reminds me of the army nascar exhibit they had at the loudon international speedway last year

·
PBaholic #14
1,553 Posts
Alpha... i didnt even think they put the F-35 into production until 2008?

and im so glad that lockheed got the deal, rather than that odd looking machine boeing came up with....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts