Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
over on model98.org, there is a post regarding blowback in a custom.
It doesn't provide any additional info. other then replacing bolt O-ring from a common tank O-ring.

Has anyone tried this?
Just trying to get a better understanding of this mod, and blowback in general.

thanks

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Basicly blow back is when the there is air/gas under presurre in the breach that causes the stack of paint balls in the feed neck to jump up.

This can be caused when the bolt does not seal with the barrel very well and/or if you have a barrel that is too long so there is back pressure from cause the ball is still being pushed out the barrel

AS for trying it I have not so I am not sure how well it works

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hmmph.

I have it. I can't say whether or not it works I still get a TON of blowback.

Pssh.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
skapunkin said:
I still get a TON of blowback.

Pssh.

I have found that sence I lowwered the pressure i am running the gun at, there is a good deal less blow back. so if ya got an old reg hook it up and give that a try

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think that the o-ring works somewhat, but what helps as well is porting the feedneck in a few places around where the last ball would sit. That allows the air to escape and not blow the balls back up into the gun. I've also seen some people drill holes on the receiver half that has "Tippmann" written on it, right into the breach, again allowing that air to escape. Milling out the gills in a Model 98 has the same effect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts