Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to go play some scenario and stuff but everywhere says that field paint is required. i think this is a huge ripoff because i have a specific paint that works well for me and ive already bought it and now i have to buy theirs just to play there? what do you guys think???

·
Crafty Vet of Nutball
100 Posts
its more common than you think... its how many fields make a profit

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the thing i dont like is how expensive it is for paint at fields. i buy wpn paint for $37 and i get a really good deal on that kind of stuff and then you go to the field and its like $55 for low grade stuff, thats just crazy and you would think that as many people play, they could lower those prices because the field admission price should cover alot, with so many people coming.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
especially to the big games

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Paint prices are how fields cover a lot of their costs and also how they get money to keep their fields in good condition and even expand and improve. I know it kinda sucks but think of it as funding for better fields.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well there is a reason Y they have exspensive paint and y they damand there paint is because they use good paint no some cheep paint from walmart and so no one freezez there paintballs and shootpeople

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
but there arent too many places where i am

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
FPO is what keeps fields in business. Don't want to buy our Field paint?....good, get ready for exorbitant field fees, then you can bring whatever.

And no....we BARELY turn a profit on paint as it is.

Get ready btw, paint just went up 10-15 a case dealer price.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Wasn't it only suppose to go up 3%? For dxs anyway?

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,774 Posts
KEE just upped their dealer paint prices... so paint at the field will be going up too.

Field paint only is a fact of life. You can't go to the movie theater with your own popcorn, nor can you take your own hot dogs to the ball game... It is the way it is. However, I really hate it when places jack up their prices just for an event as some do. That is just price gouging.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
hahaha. buyt he field paint, support the field. field very rarely stock crappy paint on purpose.
True, owners get very annoyed when the paint they've bought doesn't work well as it pisses off their customers.

·
Crafty Vet of Nutball
100 Posts
yeah i like my field they sell 3 types of paint cheap $35 (like no brand ive seen) medium paint (draxxus i believe) and for like 55-60 depending on how business is they sell evil

but *****ing about a field trying to run a business is pointless. they are just trying to make ends meet just like you man and thats how they do it

·
Crafty Vet of Nutball
100 Posts
exactly ^^^

·
Registered
92 Posts
and it sure the hell isn't. i now work as much as possible just to keep playing :p

·
Thats "Chief" to you...
1,671 Posts
No one ever said this was a cheap sport.
understatement of the year. I just sold all my old gear and bought new/er stuff.

among the list:
Ego6
rake trigger
hybrid grips
urban camo ccu
45/45 tank
urban camo jt team pants
empire shells & internals
magna drive upgrade
reballs
other random crap

the only thing that sucks is I sold my jersey, and I really shouldnt have...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.