Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
LOL i find it kind of hard to believe you cant find info on vietnam. Maybe ur just asking something too vague, are you doing anything specific about the war?

D

·
0 Posts
the memorial cenotaph i think it is has 58,229 americans soldier listed on it.. you can use that... acutally probably not...

but they firgure if it was expanded to include the name of every single person that died or went missing during the war.. theyd need room for about 4, 000, 000 more names..

now i found this hard to believe.. so i came to the conclusion that it must include innocent people killed and maybe even the number of vietnameese that died...

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i was gonna have a section on hippies, and how they suck. then some stuff on Ermey and about the drill insctructors n such. also the jungle war fare stuff. its 5-6 pages

D

·
0 Posts
for jungle war fare... make sure you include that stuff taht would basically melt the leaves of the trees.. maybe it was naplam.. in which case they burnt the **** outta the leaves...

anyway they did this because the americans were getting worked in the jungles so they had to even it out a little.. easist way? destroying the **** in their way.. typical

·
Registered
324 Posts
Agent Orange. the Defoliator! that was the stuff.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
if you want some interesting crap go out and buy a book called "SOG: America's Secret War in Vietnam" or something to that effect. It retells the special forces point of Vietnam and you learn a bunch of interesting crap. If you tell me what you need I can help you; I love learning about the Vietnam War and I get to teach it in class this year :D

And it's 57,000 men not 58,000. And that 4,000,000 estimate is almost right if you count all soldiers, pilots, special forces, CIA ops, Government employees, Spies, and even civilians.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Go to your local VA or find a gun show near you and get some real stories from NAM vets.. Me and one of my best buds watch war movies with an ex-marine who may or may not have run black ops into china, and insists that an ice pick in the ear is the most efficient way of killing a person.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
my friend was in sog and he insists that the best way to kill someone is shoot them in the head before they know you are there :D lol...he also knew a guy (this is in the book too) who carried a meat cleaver into combat...he thought it would mesmerise the enemy, giving him a better chance at killing them lol!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts