Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

responce trigger??

2K views 44 replies 7 participants last post by  theCOWgoesMOO 
#1 ·
is the responce trigger worth it...im getting an A-5 in april and it is and extra $125 CND to get it with the responce trigger and i dont know if that is worth is...wut do u think

#6 ·
Shamed_Spartan said:
IDK if it is the gun, but it seems like some R-Triggers are slower then others.

I.E. My friends 98c goes really ****in fast, but an A5 that I played with once on a field, was really slow, and you were better off just using your finger.

But if you can get it to go fast, then it is a MUST. They are great.

True the a-5 RT is slower beacuse the vent gas is also being used to drive the cyclone feed so not as much gas can be used to drive the RT

As for speed i have peaked at about 19 BPS with the RT on my 98 (it takes some fine tuning and work)

#12 ·
i have decided wut im getting if anyone disagrees with this plz tell me it would be very helpfull as i dont know much about tippmanns

tippmann 98 custom pro w/response trigger ($270 CND)
j&j ceramic 14" barell ($about $50 CND i think)
Viewloader Quantum electronic hopper ($50...I know crapy but i need an electronic hopper for cheap...my spyder is semi never got one)

I will l8er get an expansion chamber...do i need something else to use the expansion chamber i was reading something about that for a gun i think it was a tippmann just want to make sure

#17 ·
Personally, I have a response on my A5 and I love it.

</3 to you other guys ragging on the A5.

#21 ·
98C + barrel + hopper = good.

That's a good set up to start with.

Though, if you're really thinkin' about going woods/scenario/rec for the rest of your paintball career, invest in an A5 with E-trigger. Just my 2 cents.

#22 ·
theCOWgoesMOO said:
the thing is if i get the A-5 i can't add upgrades for a while it is gonna take me till my b-day end of april to save for just the A-5 but if i get the 98 i can get the gun a new barrel and maybe a hopper...i dont know such a hard decision
i am in the same excat situation as u are. A-5 with few upgrades or Custom 98 with upgrades.
Everyone says the A-5 is the better gun compared to the Custom 98 out of the box so why get a C98 when u can get a A-5 and upgrade it too and will still be better then the C98 fully customized....

I defintly want a A-5 especialy sicne everyone has a custom 98 i dont want to jump on the band wagon with my friends and get one i want the A-5 lol but maybe i am making a bad decision i just dont know!

Also isnt the repsonse trigger a vulnerable part of the gun? Like it can get snagged or somthing?

#23 ·
hmm it would take me like a year to fully do up a A-5 and thats with like all my money i make i think im going to the 98c and once i get a job (in about half a year) i maybe buy the A-5 or do u think i should just stick with getting a A-5 keep it stock for like half the summer till i have enough money to start getting ups?? i also have my spyder i can use

#24 ·
Dirdy said:
Also isnt the repsonse trigger a vulnerable part of the gun? Like it can get snagged or somthing?
Any part of the gun is vulnerable to snagging.

Just don't freak whenever it gets caught. Slow down and look to see what the problem is. That applies to ALL snaggings, not just the response line snag.

#26 ·
Another thing...

Tippmann support = awesome.

Don't be afraid to call/email/whatever them whenever you have a problem/question about your gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.