Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Into the whole Yale thing
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone here has any experience restomodding classic cars, and if so what the total approximate cost of a complete project is? Obviously this depends on many variables such as the cars current condition and what the final goal is... Well I don't have a car yet for this project because I need a better grasp of the finances involved so I'm just looking for a ball park price range. Hopefully the end result would be a '67 'Stang modded with a 428 cobra jet and putting out north of 500 ponies. Any help is much appreciated as a lot of my automobile knowledge is limited to newer cars. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
904 Posts

·
Into the whole Yale thing
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for those numbers, but I already had them. I was asking because there are many things that go into a car and I was just wondering what it all came out to be around... I was guessing around 20-25,000.

·
Registered
904 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Are you looking for something fast? Or do you just want a Classic car to roll in?

If you're all about option A, just grab an LS1 or 03 Cobra depending on your budget and mod that. 10-20 years the price will skyrocket on both. Hell look at Foxbody prices for a nice clean one with low miles.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
It really depends on how much work you need to put into it. I've been part of the restoration on three cars and the price has ranged from $20,000 for a basic one year engine/trans/rear swap in a Chevelle (and the cleaning up of the front frame, brakes, ect) to over $50,000 and five years in the complete restoration of a '32 Ford. It's not cheap, I think the average cost for a good full restoration is around $30,000. That's assuming you've already got a car in pretty good shape. Once you start doing body work and rust repair it gets infinitely more expensive.

·
Anne Coulter's #1 Fan
4,291 Posts
I've played a little with old cars (actually a 68 chevy pickup) and it costs a whole lotta money. Get a career and a house before you go crazy with trying to restore car.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Fast as well as classic... I am pretty set on it being a '67 fastback
Elenore ftw, just watched that movie for the hundredth time yesterday. I have a 65 coupe myself and plan on modding it myself

1 - 9 of 9 Posts