Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the DW CF barrel today and put about a case through it. overall i was extremely happy :). the barrel with a correct freak insert preforms as good as or even a little better than a dye UL. I noticed that with really low grade paint it was not as accurate as it should have been (same with the dye UL i was testing at the same time to see the differences) but low grade is low grade. when i put in medium grade i saw a huge difference, the DW started shooting one on top of the other at 25 yards(give or take .5"-1") and when i used the dye UL the accuracy also improved. In my opinion the DW and dye UL are the same with medium and low grade paint(and most likly high grade but dont have any), but i now prefer the DW b/c of its super light weight (feels like there is no barrel), changable inserts, and relative cheapness compaired to buying a complete dye UL barrel with all back bore sizes (3 diff bores at $60 apiece, then the tip for $55= roughly $235) The only drawback to the DW is that you can not extend the length of the barrel like you can with a UL (that is the only drawback i can see or think of) I am very happy with the DW and very pleased on how well it preforms. Good job DW :tup

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i can see where you get that but like i later stated that both barrels preformed about the same with each level of paint but the DW has, in my eyes, more positive things than a Dye UL or almost any other barrel (besides the kaner barrel). this review was more a barrel comparison than a actual review

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
TBH, almost all barrels perform the same
The only difference between barrels is small features (like CF material, changeable bores/inserts, etc)

Good to know you like the barrel though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts