Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on getting my first marker very soon, nothing expensive, just something for me to use for practise and I was wondering whether to get the Revolution hopper or not.

What is it and what dose it do?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Ok personally i would get the reloader 2 over the revolution because the reloader 2 is sound activated, and has a magnetic lid (you can hold it upsidown with a full hopper and shake it and it wont open). Anyway the revolution has little propellar things which help to feed the paintballs faster and at a more consistant speed. If you get the revolution make sure you get the 12v which can feed around 13 bps when the 9v can only feed 9-10 consistantly. They range at around $70 in a store but you can buy them new for like $50 and thats including shipping on ebay. Now if you take my advice on egtting the Reloader 2 i was able to find a great deal on it for like $46 including shipping and it was brand new exept one of the screw holes was stripped but it doesn't really matter. The reloader 2 can feed about 13-14 consistantly and has a few more fetures then the revolution. The reloader 2 can hold like 200-210 paintballs and i dont know how mane the revolution holds so someone else can answer that but anyway thats all the advice i can give you.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
MrMacDude said:
You should absolutely get it.

It has a battery-powered paddle that stirs up the balls so they feed faster.

A must have.
not 100% true

it depends on what gun you get...lets say a 98 custom...unless you plan on upgradding it with a respose trigger or the ebolt...you wont need a revvy

if the gun you are getting is electronic...then yea i would reccomend this and anything that can feed faster

Koval15 said:
Ok personally i would get the reloader 2 over the revolution because the reloader 2 is sound activated, and has a magnetic lid (you can hold it upsidown with a full hopper and shake it and it wont open). Anyway the revolution has little propellar things which help to feed the paintballs faster and at a more consistant speed. If you get the revolution make sure you get the 12v which can feed around 13 bps when the 9v can only feed 9-10 consistantly. They range at around $70 in a store but you can buy them new for like $50 and thats including shipping on ebay. Now if you take my advice on egtting the Reloader 2 i was able to find a great deal on it for like $46 including shipping and it was brand new exept one of the screw holes was stripped but it doesn't really matter. The reloader 2 can feed about 13-14 consistantly and has a few more fetures then the revolution. The reloader 2 can hold like 200-210 paintballs and i dont know how mane the revolution holds so someone else can answer that but anyway thats all the advice i can give you.
the revvy and reloader 2 are the same things...other than the lid that doesnt matter and the reloader 2 is sound activated

whatever you can get for a lower price new is better between the revvy and the reloader 2

·
Registered
456 Posts
Not true i have a tippmann 98 and all i did was get a double trigger and new barrel and i needed a new hopper because i would shoot 2 shots for every one that fed in stock hoopper

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
fenix_freak said:
not 100% true
Not 1% true.

If you don't have some sort of agitating hopper, you will HAVE to shake your hopper at some point, regardless of how fast you shoot. Paintballs just like bunching up in the hopper.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
The paddles don't push the paintballs down the feedneck, they stir the paintballs, or agitate (hence the name agitating hopper) so they do not get jammed. It is sort of like a hopper that shakes itself for you. I would get it for any marker, mechanical or not. Paintballs can still jam up in the hopper and an agitating hopper will prevent this.

-Mike

·
Registered
334 Posts
MP11 said:
The paddles don't push the paintballs down the feedneck, they stir the paintballs, or agitate (hence the name agitating hopper) so they do not get jammed. It is sort of like a hopper that shakes itself for you. I would get it for any marker, mechanical or not. Paintballs can still jam up in the hopper and an agitating hopper will prevent this.

-Mike
:tup

Right on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts