·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specs:

Linux Ubuntu
ASUS OEM Motherboard from my HP
Intel Celeron 2.7ghz
768mb DDR RAM
250gb External Hard Drive (for multimedia)
80gb internal HD for OS
5x 36cfm case 80mm fans
1x 60mm CPU fan (with duct leading to another 80mm)
2x 40mm HDD cooler
2x40mm RAM cooler
Nexus Computers Fan/light controller
2x Red Cold Cathodes
2x Blue Cold Cathodes

Coming soon:
Modular PSU, ASUS P5W mobo, Pentium D 3.0ghz/new CPU fan/block, more fan controllers (have them cascaded for now), 2gb ram, video card, replace blue cathodes with red ones (the blue ones were free so I slapped them on).

I did manage to OC it to 3.2ghz with some random software, but since then every time I try it crashes... So now I'm at 2.7 waiting for some cash to get a new mobo, ram, and cpu.

Case temperature: 24.6
CPU Temp while surfing/listening to music: 28.8
Under load: ?

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
Alpha said:
Specs:

Coming soon:
Modular PSU, ASUS P5W mobo, Pentium D 3.0ghz/new CPU fan/block, more fan controllers (have them cascaded for now), 2gb ram, video card, replace blue cathodes with red ones (the blue ones were free so I slapped them on).
Soo... Coming soon: A new system, then? :)

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Basicly. What you see is whatever is left over of my HP. I'm replacing it part by part (except for the mobo/ram/cpu, I have to do them all at once.

Next week I'm going to get a video card and partition my HD for Windows XP and play some Call of Duty 2.

·
startx: command not found
3,991 Posts
you may want to get the mobo before the video card if you don't have a PCI express slot on your current one.

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want to replace it with a memory card reader... lol Floppies have absolutely no use. I can probably memorize more information in my head then I can store on a floppy

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Not true. SOMETIMES they can be handy for simple little things like boot disks and junk. Before I built my PC I'd kick myself once in a great while because we didn't have one. Keep the floppy and put a card reader in the slot above it.

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I at least need a round cable for it then. lol

I turned all the fans up way high last night before I went to bed... CPU temp this morning was 24.1 degrees... So if I don't touch my computer for 6 hours I can get it nice and cold. Liquid cooling and all that junk is cool (and I'd still like to have it), but you'd be amazed at how well good airflow can cool a case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts