Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill be playing in the middle of a game, and my Ricochet AK hopper will just start that loud spinning noise. Now, i doint mind the loudness of it when im firing, but when im just walking around is different. It is brand new too. It will just like randomly start spinning sometimes, for like 5 seconds, go off for a little bit, come back on... ANy body else's AK do this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AK hopper

No, the AK is not a continuous agitation hopper, it has a tab sensor in the feedneck that makes it spin every time a ball passes through. The thing is, i'll just be like walking around and it might start spinning. The continuous hopper you are thinking of is the 'Ricochet Rhino.' Any body else know?

·
I <3 Brian Peppers.
922 Posts
It's pretty sensitive it will spin when i dry fired on my old spyder. check maybe something is holding the tab down a little bit... I don't know anythiung about electronics but you could open it up and see if the board is dirty or something. I dunno i like mine more than my friends revvy. But damn do i need a halo.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
bobide said:
maybe the movement of ur gun as u walk makes the balls move up and down tripping the tab sensor.
That's what's going on. Ricochets all use bend sensors, so the balls jiggling in your feedneck as you move can potentially do that.

Unscrew your Ricochet apart and slide the bend sensor back in its seat just a tiny bit and then reassemble it...that way it's not getting set off as easily and will only agitate when a ball passes through.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
Make sure you've taped the bend sensor in place so it doesn't slide back out to its extended position where it would cause more agitation than it needs.

I know that's the problem because when I went to play this Friday my Apache did the same thing, so much to the point where one of the agitator blades stabbed a paintball and kept it lodged in place, so every time that paintball would go over the feedneck opening it'd push down the balls in the feedneck. Actually kinda funny, but I just adjusted the bend sensor and no problems since then.

If that doesn't work, call Ricochet. Their customser service is exemplary, they'll take care of you no prob.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So your saying to take it apart, and try to shorten the length of the sensor? Describe to me exactly what you did to your Apache- Thanks for the reply btw

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
Yep, no prob.

Ok, take out all the screws from your Ricochet. There should be EIGHT of them. Keep track of where each screw goes, since they are of differing lengths.

Now, take the shell apart (of course, take off the lid, this will keep it closed). Now, at the bottom of your feedneck should be a black/brown bend sensor that pokes out from below the motor compartment. Just push it back so the sensor isn't sticking as far into the feedneck. Then screw your loader back together and try it out. Should work perfectly now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts