Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
i don't recall what the call that class of loaders, but it knocks the balls down the neck, and the momentum is transfered from ball to ball, making it quiker. Or so i think.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
^^^ no they are......the hopper applies force to the ball to go down the feedneck hence the name "force feed"

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
they are actually kind of semi-force fed. true force feeds use springs, the ricochet apache just has a motor that spins an impeller. however, the design and structure of the loader allow it to feed over the "gravitational limit" of 13bps.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
proto said:
^^^ no they are......the hopper applies force to the ball to go down the feedneck hence the name "force feed"
Apaches are NOT force-feed.

I would know, I own one.

They use a catch-cup to separate the balls going into the feed neck from the ones in the rest in the hopper. The impeller is angled downward, pushing balls into the feedneck and then into a spiral that goes down into the feed neck. Once it gets to the feedneck, gravity takes over and is assisted by the force of paintballs going in behind one another.

It's not a force-feed, but overcomes gravity by having the catch cup and forcing the balls to move into a circular pattern.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts