Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So last night I went to see Pulse with my girlfriend. (Which is a pretty good movie BTW) We went to a pretty expensive place, which has stadium seating. Well half way through the movie I had my leg crossed and apparently I subconsciously started tapping the chair in front of me with my crossed foot.

Well, I noticed this, and knowing full well its obnoxious I stopped, and looked at the lady a few seats down from the one I was kicking to see if she noticed. I saw her looking back at me and then she turned to whomever she was with and started *****ing about how I was kicking the chair and vibrating it.

That’s fine, it’s irritating, I understand where she’s coming from. So I decide to lean forward and apologize to this distraught movie attendee. I lean in and simply whisper "I'm sorry; I didn't realize I was kicking your chair” I figured this was sufficient and I would be off her "Asshole" list.

Wrong, when I leaned over and whispered this to her, her reply is (In a very *****y, and attitude filled voice) "Yeah! That’s right; you WERE kicking my chair and vibrating it! It's very obnoxious, so knock it off!"

WTF?!

This lady had to be at least mid 30's, she should know better, and should have better manners.

I don’t know about you, but if I was put in her situation, sure, I would still be upset. But, if the culprit would have tried to apologize to me, I would have understood, and not been an asshole. I would have said something more along the lines of, “Ahh its cool man” and that would have been that. No more worries, and everything would have been great.

So I ask you paintball forum... What possesses people to be such a ***** to a complete stranger who's trying to apologize to you?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
lack of sex

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Maybe she woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Which in turned the thing stuck up her butt sideways, which made it "that time of the month", which made her be that way?

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
I think that being in the movies accentuates a lot of peoples' personalities. People who are smart and normal sit and watch the movie quietly. People who are assholes find any way possible to give **** to other people. When I went to see a movie, some woman came with her baby. When the baby started crying, some punk kid behind me yelled shut up. I understand that it's stupid to bring babies to a movie, but you don't yell at an infant. Then the mother got into an argument with the kid that yelled shut up, which went on for like 5 minutes until one of the employees came in and threatened to kick both of them out.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
i'd have dumped a soda on her. one of those 10 gallon buckets of soda. I can't stand *****y old ladies

and as for the baby, I'd have told the mother to shut her baby up. it's kinda dumb to yell at a baby

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
they dont bring their babies to watch the movie. they bring them because they're too broke (and too inconsiderate) to get a babysitter

D

·
0 Posts
yeah, i mean I tweak when some ones pissing me off at the theater. But I usually wait a while to see if theyll just stop. then ill sometimes politely (depending on if it's a little kid with a parent or punk ass fags) ask them to stop.. its the second time that I pull something like this women, but by that point they deserve it.

but when the person apologizes im totally cool with it, that's all i wanted (besides them shutting up)

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
D_Smalls said:
but when the person apologizes im totally cool with it, that's all i wanted (besides them shutting up)
Exactly. That's why it bothered me so much in the first place. I didnt even know what to do because I was not expecting that reaction at all. I just sat back in my seat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts