Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if a rifled barrel acutaly helps the acuracy. I know it does with rifles. I am just no sure how the spin drift will effect they acuracy seeing that they dont have a lot of range. If you have a link or pic of a good barrel please post it.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Good quality paint, consistent air source, a proper paint to barrel match, and natural skill (practice practice practice).

·
KRAKEN! KRAKEN! KRAKEN!!!
1,298 Posts
Good quality paint, consistent air source, a proper paint to barrel match, and natural skill (practice practice practice).
^This.^

EDIT:
Oh, and a CLEAN barrel. :)

·
i 1!3k 4u70co<K3r5
40 Posts
If you can stay awake, then read this.

Spiral rifled barrels will help with range and consistency. Because when the ball gets launched, and the air hits the ball, since the ball will be spinning, the air that hits it will just bounce off, except for the air that hits it dead center. Since there will be less of a force slowing it down, the paintball will be able to achieve higher velocities at longer ranges. The effect will be similar to using First Strike paintballs. Rifling will also help with consistency, because the rifling will cause the paintballs to fly in the same path as they did before. If you use rifled barrels, you must use round paintballs. But accuracy depends on the quality of the paintballs, quality of the barrel and the proper paint to barrel match.

Crawdaddy:

Paintballs are not filled with liquid. They are filled with an extremely thick paint substance. Try spinning a container of yogurt and then try spinning a container of water. See the difference?

If you want a good, rifled barrel, get an empire twister.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
looks like somebody bought into the propaganda.

tell me what a baseball does when it's spun; it curves!
tell me that all paintballs are 100% round and are all shaped identically.

If tom kayne says it's worthless, then gosh darn it, it's worthless.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Crushed at work, so here's the quick answer: no, it doesn't work with round paintballs (the fin section of the First Strike rounds makes it possible for them). Every other so-called 'rifled' paintball barrel imparts zero spin whatsoever.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
If tom kayne says it's worthless, then gosh darn it, it's worthless.
That's what I was thinking I mean the guy is one the most important and innovative people ever in the history of paintball and if he couldn't figure out a way to make rifling work than nobody can and if you read the article they tested the concept thoroughly. Another way to look at it is if rifling works than why aren't ALL barrels rifled? Seems to me that if it worked as advertised everyone should have jumped on the bandwagon long ago.

·
i 1!3k 4u70co<K3r5
40 Posts
No matter what anybody says, the empire twister barrel will always be awesome.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
hahahaha. thats funny. fanboyz again.

martix and craw, youre both so right.
toms a beast, whatever he says is bottom line. i wish i could use that in other arguements...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts