Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

cut a slot on the other side fliped the rod then cut up a rocket cockit to work on the right side. Then made some spacers to clear the e parts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the other trigger is for the eagle 47 (m203). The quad rail is from a 14 inch combat barrel with a 20 barrel in it. The mod is i cut the body of the gun so it could be cocked from the right side of the gun. The upgrade hiding the mod is a mod to its tabs were cut of fliped then epoxyed back on to fit the right side of the gun.

·
Administrator
14,041 Posts
the rocket cocks are usually on the left side of a tippmann 98 huck, they did it that way so you can use your off hand to cock it, what he has done is move it to the right side through a few custom mods, if you just prefer using your right hand to cock it or if you are left handed this makes sense

in tippmanns minds left handed people dont exist in the world

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the rocket cocking mec has another use there when the gun is tore down the rod would push the hammer out of place

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the cocking rod stick out on the right clamshell now when you have a 98 tore down that side is down on the table that rod will push the hammer out. the two bolt on my setup run the other way (second pic) so the shell of the rocket stays on the gun fixing the only problem that the mod makes.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
oh I see what you mean. The clamshell screws come out on the left side of the gun, so laying the gun on the table would cause problems if you're trying to line up things to get it back together.

It makes me think that there's a reason that they put the cocking pin on the left side of the gun; I don't think that reason is that they hate left handed people.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did the test fire today shoots but will not recock thinking its the tect t bolt everything sides smooth no binding

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
the only real reason is that it runs out of air. Tippmans don't often jam, and they'll continue to shoot through thick and thin

·
Administrator
14,041 Posts
not often but they still can. really it comes down to who is doing the maintenance on them, if they are rentals the hammer o-rings are probably not in the best of shape and do not seal as well as they should or they have not been oiled enough. I have seen some that needed to be cocked multiple times in the same game and some that never needed it

1 - 20 of 32 Posts