1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
i have a 98c but what is a rocket cock?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Theres not much use for it other that looks and covering the bolt. And ya I guess it keeps paint from getting into your internals if you get hit there.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
the rocket cock 2, or any other Sealed bolt system prevents paint, among other things, from entering the bolt.

I find it also quiets the gun a bit.

They are also helpful when balancing your marker on a tree, if the cocking knob gets caught on a tree, it may go into rapid fire and break paint. The SBS prevents that

·
Registered
71 Posts
rdawg946 said:
i have a 98c but what is a rocket cock?
its a piece of plastic that covers a ring attached to the oringinal cocking rod

·
Registered
437 Posts
It really helps keeping out the dirt if you're playing woodsball. And with the rocket cock the bolt isn't moving so it won't get caught on anything. You can pick one up for like $20 and its worth the price.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'd find one use. It's a hard thing to bust up. The rocket cock II is not flimsy. I've banged my gun into plywood bunkers oversliding/slipping on sawdust floors, its made of some kind of polymer type material, seems hard to screw up, a used one would be just as good as a new one

it quiets the marker, makes it easy to cock imo, and keeps stuff out of your marker. trust me, you don't want crap getting in the cock slot

·
Registered
125 Posts
Pyropenguin said:
that made me laugh....

I may look into getting a rocket cock now, are there any other types of bolt-covering-systems?
yea same here, im planning on ordering a mask and hopper from xtremepaintball and i might add one of these on.

·
Almost leet
1,999 Posts
its just a cosmetic upgrade pretty much.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Pyropenguin said:
Do you like it better than the rocket cock?
I personally like it because it came w/ its own rear bolt, which saved me the trouble of buying a 2nd rear bolt for my loaner 98 that I was making

It's a little quieter, it has an rva.

with my setup my rva was adjusted back out so far that it made it difficult to put my finger through the hole of the rocket cock to cock it if I was in a hurry or wasn't looking

rocket cock + rva ~ $35
full boar shadow ~ $56, BUT saved me from buying a rear bolt for my loaner

some say it cycles faster, I don't know because my 98c r/t already cycles pretty damn fast, it double fires like crazy when I dry fire

also the rva I had (dead-on products) would scratch my mask (my setup lets me put my mask very close to the rear of my marker) so this one is still made out of metal but when I put the full boar's rva flush, it minimizes the accidental scratching.

those are all the factors that led me to buy it, instead of buying another rocket cock and a dead-on products rva.

Buy the rocket cock used though if you're planning on buying one. Not even a moron could screw it up, it could be years old and should still work the same unless they purposely took a lighter to it and melted it or some other kind of retarded thing like that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
rdawg946 said:
yea same here, im planning on ordering a mask and hopper from xtremepaintball and i might add one of these on.
which mask and hopper?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts