Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching alot on dwell and rof settings, seen the ratio chart. But will it be fine to leave the dwell stock at 52 and just turn the rof down to o. I cant get a clear answer, then I heard about the 48 rule, do you just set it say 46 and 2 and it should be good, no drop off, etc, any help appreciated.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
each marker is different, but i believe that the manual has teh stock setting in it.. pretty sure i found it once.

That said, change it a few and then see what happens. worst thing that can go wrong is you use too little or too much air.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
What marker doesn't even really matter. Start with the stock settings and then raise or lower the dwell as you go until you find the optimal settings. My rule of thumb is just to get it working and then just leave the damn settings alone.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
One major issue with that might be that some of their markers (Shocker being the most common) will have different stock settings depending on the parts (Shockers w/ Humphrey noids were defaulted to 50 chirps dwell (12.5 ms), those with Parker defaulted to 40 (10 ms)).

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
What marker doesn't even really matter. Start with the stock settings and then raise or lower the dwell as you go until you find the optimal settings. My rule of thumb is just to get it working and then just leave the damn settings alone.

it can easily matter, if this is something with QEVs for example its going to be using a shorter cycle time, on the other hand say its unbalanced spool, the longer dwell you have the more air you are just dumping out your barrel for no reason. if its a cocker or other duel noid setup which dwell are we talking about? on something that is modded enough stock settings may not even work (like my cocker) but for the most part ya i agree, start with stock go from there

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rof/dwell

It is for a msart parts ion, I put the rof to 0 and didnt touch the dwell, when the rain stops I can go shoot it and check it out, depending on how it shoots i might lower the dwell to 48.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
The way to tell if your dwell is too high, as Trbo implies, is to chrono. Lower Dwell, rechrono. If your velocity didn't drop, lower your dwell again, rechrono. Just keep this up until your velocity drops, at this point you've lowered your dwell too far, put it back up to the last setting. You're now set up to get better efficiency. Rather long and involved, but on some markers can make a DRASTIC difference.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
The way to tell if your dwell is too high, as Trbo implies, is to chrono. Lower Dwell, rechrono. If your velocity didn't drop, lower your dwell again, rechrono. Just keep this up until your velocity drops, at this point you've lowered your dwell too far, put it back up to the last setting. You're now set up to get better efficiency. Rather long and involved, but on some markers can make a DRASTIC difference.
Once you have the dwell dialed in its good to fire off a fast string of paint to see if you're going to have recharge issues. Then just bump it up by 1 and you should be good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts