Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ronald Reagan Passed away

Please post your thoughts on the man? If you are old enough to remember him.

Favorite quote: "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall"

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Damn, he was a great guy. In a way, I'm glad he died. Her didn't know his own family, his house, anything. Thats really sad though.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the whole alzheimers setting in was sad, I believe nancy reagan is pushing stem cell research now which is really surprising.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
I was barely alive when he was in office, but I know the impact he had. Great president man. I agree with Chris though, the whole alzheimers was terrible, it's got to be a terrible life when you don't remember who your family is or where you live.

·
Banned
3,571 Posts
I just heard this, and I'm shocked. It's really terrible. One of the greatest leaders of our country just left us. :(

Then again, perhaps it is for the best. The Alzheimers was really getting bad, and he didn't recognize anything.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Happened today :(. Greatest damn president ever. Such a cool guy. My dad loved him. I did to and still do. We both have pictures of him at our desks. He was a good man. Alot more integrity then bush, gore, clinton, bush senior and all the rest. Republican or democrat you can't say he was a bad president. He did more for this country then we really deserved.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
in actually wasnt that unexpected, he was diagnosed with alshiemers 10 years ago and 2 weeks ago the press said it was getting worse, they said he was just falling apart, wow, this sucks, he was a good man and will be missed

and wat fiki said was so true, it ddint matter what party he was, he was just a great presdent

·
Registered
917 Posts
=(

I just heard about it. A guy was laughing about it, and making fun of him, so I sorta roughed him up. Guess I've been stressed out... but anyone who would laugh at such a great man, especially at his death. Oh well, I've hated that liberal for a long time.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
I know ^ its true. If this was Lord Of The Rings it would be like Aragorn Dying in Helms deep. How badly would that suck. That would be a killer. My dad almost got a tear in his eye. On monday libreals will be laughing. And I will be defending him. And kicking ass. And telling stupid hippies that drive SUV's to go over a ledge. Then I will get another refearal for defending my views in the most libreal school in America. It sickens me.

·
Registered
375 Posts
wow... thats really sad... but i agree.. it would be better to die than to not know your friends and family..

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
he was definately one of the best presidents we ever had, and im glad all of the pain he and his family had went through is over, and now we can remember alll that he did for us and the world

·
Registered
416 Posts
I am glad alot of yall recognize and give him props. He was truly one of the better presidents without a doubt, not much can be argued against him.

·
Registered
26 Posts
A great man, who saved the world in the cold war.

WE SALUT YOU !

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
The greatest president of our time. I'm proud to have been born during his years in office, especially considering how he maintained America's cultural, social and economic fabric intact while the Cold War was near its end. Without a doubt, Ronald Reagan is the president most responsible for spreading freedom and democracy throughout the world (not considering, of course, FDR, Lincoln or Wilson, since they went to war for that purpose; Reagan did not have to).

Plus he was a hilarious guy :D I will definitely miss his oustanding sense of humor and genuine concern for the average American :)

Rest In Peace, Mr. Reagan...you will be missed by all. My hat's off to you :)

·
Rubbish!
797 Posts
Having experienced the duration of his presidency, I can say without a fraction of a doubt that Ronal Reagan is the best president this country has had during my lifetime. He will be missed greatly, but as it has already been pointed out, he's in a better place now.

This is a quote from his memorial page:
Originally said by Ronald Reagan
“Whatever else history may say about me when I’m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty’s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity’s arm steadying your way.”

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
I think the most salient memory I have of President Reagan was after the shuttle blew up. You could tell that he was really shook up about it but yet he lent his strength to the families. He was first and formost a good man, and that enabled him be a great leader -- sure of purpose and uncomprimising in his basic principals. I still mist up a bit when I hear the speech he gave at the memorial where he said of the astronauts had "Slipped the surly bonds of Earth to touch the face of God."

The other memory that sticks out, is when I had just gotten out of the Army and the Berlin wall came down in Germany. I remember walking through the Brandenburg gate in Berlin and thinking that I would have been shot dead by communist troops if I were walking there only 2 months ago. I remember seeing the chunks of the Berlin wall torn down and the stream of East Germans coming over and being reunited with thier familes in the west. President Reagan accomplished one of the largest revolutions in history, reuniting a country, rebuilding a society, and ushering freedom to an oppressed people WITHOUT FIRING A SINGLE SHOT OR COMMITTING A SINGLE US SOLDIER. Now that my friends is just AWESOME!

Mr. Reagan was an awe inspiring man. It was sad to see his last years on this world to be ones of confusion and infirmity, but it is gratifying that he shared with us his talents and strengths when this country needed them the most.

Peace be unto you and all of your house, for now he walks with God...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts