Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and 2 other friends are starting a team. We found a bunch of tourny's across the area. Well anyways would a ion be a good speedball gun? i have an imagine now but i was wondering if the ion would be a good enough gun to compete? If not is there any other guns around the same price range that would be able to compete?

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
Deffinitly. Light and fast are two huge factors that the Ion possesses and can come in handy for everybody in speedball.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SO u guys think i should go ahead and buy it? thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also since im payin speed ball what all should i get?

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
Eventually get a nice mask, pants, jersey, elbow/knee pads, some gloves if you want to save your hands, and you could wear cleets. And a squeegie too. And wear something under your mask like a sandana.

If you can't get these right away, then just wear some baggie pants and a baggy shirt, they'll do.

·
Registered
303 Posts

definately on the ion thing...considering im on a team and i have one it is great...it competes regularly with all the other guys (( autocockers shockers dm's timmys )) dont believe all that bull **** that everyone tells you bout not being as good as the other high end markers...heres a list of upgrades..
v-force profiler-70
Blackheart board-100
qev-15
trigger-50
q-lock feed neck-50
halo b with rip drive-about 130
all american barrel by smartparts-70
Nitrous tank-70-200
if you want to look good heres some uniform upgrades
Jersey-50
Pants-100+
Gloves-40
Cleats-whatever you can find nike are good for speedball
Hope this list helps...there is alot more you can get for the ion too..like body kits grips regulators etc...just look around..

If you have any questions and have AIM my s/n is freshmantakovr05

·
Registered
325 Posts
where are you buying your halo b and trigger? 50 for a trigger? DAMN, thats pricey. And halo's are 99 on some sites.

·
Registered
325 Posts
told ya :) ^^^ I never said I meant ripped, lol, jk man

·
Since 1923
1,909 Posts
50 for a trigger! please i very nice trigger is the new designz trigger for 36 dollars most places

Pro's
-very good feel
-light and pretty

Con's
-may I MEAN MAY be hard to install

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
An Ion is a nice gun for speedball. It's pretty light, has good speed, and has some nice features for a gun under $300.

You will want a Halo B, non rip or rip...whatever you want. Those cost 100-110.
If you don't have a compressed air tank, you will need one of those. You can get a nice 68/4500 for 180 bucks
Depending on what goggles you have now, you may want to buy some new ones. Those can range from 30 (not all that great), to 90 (nice) in price.
If you want to upgrade your Ion, the first things that I would do, is buy a QEV, feedneck, ASA, barrel, then trigger. After that, I wouldn't do too much more unless you don't want to buy another gun for a while.
Jerseys, pants, pads are always a good thing to have. I like the 2006 Empire line a lot.
You will need a pod harness. I have a Mantis 3+2 and it's a nice pack, and only cost me 30 bucks (is also 1 size fits most...if you are tiny, it might be to big, if you are big (like really big) it might be too small)

smartparts2009 - it's nitrogen, not nitrous...and some of the prices you put are WAY off. Triggers usually cost 30, q-locks-35, halo b with rip-110, pants-40 and up

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
BrokenMonkey said:
But you can find a non rip Halo B for $99, and a ripped Halo B for about $109.
I suppose, but what good is a non-ripped Halo B? One jam and you're finished for the rest of the game. And yes, Halo B's tend to jam alot. Usually 3-4 times per day for me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wats the differnce in ripped and non-ripped?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
imagine said:
wats the differnce in ripped and non-ripped?
when the hopper gets jammed u just spin the rip-drive and it un-jams it so the balls will continue feeding....and it looks cool spinning around when u are shooting :)

the ion in my opinion is the best gun available on the market new for under $500

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
PizzaMiLiTiA said:
I suppose, but what good is a non-ripped Halo B? One jam and you're finished for the rest of the game. And yes, Halo B's tend to jam alot. Usually 3-4 times per day for me.
Holy crap. Clean your eyes, and is the spring and bead things still on there? I havent had my Halo jam once since I got it, which was in March...I have put about 20 cases through it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
i have never seen a Halo B jam up with my own eyes. Empire Reloader B's though, I have never been out to the field for a single day that i haven't seen one of them go down. That's why I will never own a reloader. plus, if your eyes are messed up on your gun, when u reach the end of a hopper with a reloader, you tend to chop because the sound activation doesn't make it spin unless u shoot. Unlike the halo that will continue to feed until there are balls in the feed tube. Sorry to rant, i just hate empire B's lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts