Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know RPS is a good brand but how about these Stinger paintballs? Only reason I'm asking is because sports authority and dicks are selling them for $35 (per case/2000) and I don't feel like spending $50 per case of crappy paint at the field haha.
But sshhh *only supposed to use field paint* hahaha what a rip off

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
I like Stinger. The fill is a little on the runny side, but the paint is usually good and round, the shell is thin enough that it breaks more often than not, although it will never be confused with tournament level paint shell, and you WILL get some bounces. One of my preferred paints at my local field.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
you realize that your field is only open because they make money off selling paint, right?

If you have a problem with it, talk to the owner/ reffs, and see what they can do to supply better paint.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright.

martix agent- thats not true at all. its a pretty big sucessful place and i know for a fact thats not their main source of income [edit: they make crap loads off of rentals], although it might be like that at other places, its not here. ive worked there before and gotten various benefits such as free paint. not to mention they sposor a local university... (doesnt mean anything, i know, but still)
and i made a mistake in my previous post. they charge $80 for a case of FPO, not $50 like it should be, maybe 60..
on top of that they have a high field entry rate of $25 when really it should be like 15, then theres and extra $5 for unlimited gas for the day.
god forbid you have to rent a decent marker, then its an extra $70...

i dont know about you but to me it makes more sense to buy better quality paint at a cheaper price, then their FPO at almost twice as much as its worth.. just saying

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
yeah, that's rip-off pricing. Even I can't condone a place charging that. All the fields around me are basically $15-$20 entry including all day air. And FPO is usually $40 or $50. At that, I don't mind. But at the pricing that field is charging, I don't blame someone for trying to sneak paint in. That's just undeservedly greedy charging that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts