Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just ordered the response trigger kit for my 98 custom yesterday. I was really, really excited about getting the kit but then i thought of something. I have a vertical adapter and expansion chamber and im pretty sure the vertical adapter is going to have to come out when i install the rt. I remember when i installed the thing that it was a pain and was hard to screw in. This was about 3 years ago. Im just fearful that when i remove the vertical adapter to install the rt the vertical adapter will shear off at the threads or something. The good thing is, i didnt use any loctite on the vertical adapter threads so i dont think ill have to "break" it loose. The metal just seems kinda soft and at this point im really hesistant about dropping in the rt. I have a woodball game saturday and i dont know if i should risk messing up my gun before the big game. Does anyone have any experience installing a response trigger after an expansion chamber upgrade? I need someone to cheer me back up and get me excited about the rt again lol. Tell me what i should expect when i have to remove the vertical adapter. Any other tips and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time guys. thumup:

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Expect to remove it.

The kit comes with a new powertube, so you'll be taking everything apart again.

Unless you corssthreaded the vert. adapter when you installed it, it will come apart and go back together fine. And the metal doesn't seem soft...it IS soft. The valve body is aluminum.

If you're worried, install it after the game or have a backup plan.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK thanks for the reply. I wasnt worried as much about the powertube as i was about the vert adapter itself. The vert adapter is made out of brass i think and it just seems like its going to shear right off. But, if i didnt cross thread it and i dont think i did, i should have no problems right? O yea is there a post somewhere with pics explaining how to install the rt? I heard the included instructions were a little vague. Also, how difficult is it to install the rt in the first place? Thanks so much for the help guys

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
those adapters are tough little guys.

There's a post *about* the RT, but there's no install instructions with it. The instructions weren't too bad in my opinion. If not, well there's only a few parts total and most can only go on one way.

Theres a part you have to punch out on the gun body. I drilled mine, some people said theres was already open. At any rate, the spot is pre-marked on the inside so getting it right shouldn't be too hard.

You'll probably spend more time tuning it than installing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts