Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
Reballs hurt more.

You know how when a paintball bounces off of you but doesn't break, it hurts more. I can't explain exactly why, but it usually does. Well, this is basically what would be happening with each shot from a ReBall.

They say you should turn your velocity down when using ReBalls. I think to 220fps. or 250fps., I can't remember.

·
Thats "Chief" to you...
1,671 Posts
Reballs hurt more.

You know how when a paintball bounces off of you but doesn't break, it hurts more. I can't explain exactly why, but it usually does. Well, this is basically what would be happening with each shot from a ReBall.

They say you should turn your velocity down when using ReBalls. I think to 220fps. or 250fps., I can't remember.
The technical explanation would have somthing to do with transferrance of energy when a paintball breaks as opposed to when it does not break. The physical action of a ball breaking will consume a small amount of potential energy resulting in less feel/pain. Where as a ball that bounces will transfer all of its potential energy to whatever it hits. Namely, you. thumup:

·
Registered
671 Posts
yea its like getting hit with a ball of ice or a water balloon both the same weight but one doesent hurt as bad cause it is being dispursed as it breaks.
Ice ball > water balloon

·
Ðèm-öñ(Pòp)tårt
1,469 Posts
yea its like getting hit with a ball of ice or a water balloon both the same weight but one doesent hurt as bad cause it is being dispursed as it breaks.
Ice ball > water balloon
i wouldn't say really like that, but i guess that's the idea...

it hurts a bit more, but if you've been playing for a while and you dont really feel the hits other the the feeling of the ball, you cant tell the difference. if anything, i've only played with re-balls in a field ('cause they're so expensive) and we had to turn our velocity down a lot...

so when the energy got transferred onto us, it didn't hurt nearly as much as i remember other shots hurting.

·
Registered
116 Posts
to they weigh the same as paintballs? are they as smooth?

Meaning, when you shoot it, will it fly the same as if you shot a paintball? or is their a difference?

·
Ðèm-öñ(Pòp)tårt
1,469 Posts
to they weigh the same as paintballs? are they as smooth?

Meaning, when you shoot it, will it fly the same as if you shot a paintball? or is their a difference?
Im more talking about the accuracy/speed of the flight, not really what happens when it its..

Im asking for Target pratice purposes.
when they get dry, they get a bit sticky and they dont shoot exactly the same... but other than that they're the same in almost every aspect... they'll make your marker jam up if you're not using a higher end marker though and shooting at higer rof's...

ex: if you run it through an imagine or something...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts