Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
You know the stock bolt and power tube are plastic, right?

I think bolt upgrades are a waste for a Tippmann.

There was a study a while ago done in pretty good conditions and control that showed an upgraded bolt AT BEST produced a small increase in accuracy compared to stock. I think it was from a5 owners group's website or something.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is also a Tippmann upgrade, lol.

Moving.
Whats your point? Does that mean you move all the barrel posts into the gun its related to? Technically, my question was about the bolt itself, and not so much it pertaining to the specific gun.

Also wouldn't have minded other bolt suggestions, and why to upgrade or not upgrade them.

Think moving it completely out of the parts area was a bit much.

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
Upgrades for specific markers are best posted in forums for that specific marker.

The Air Systems Forum is meant for posts relating specifically to air systems: CO2 tanks, compressed air tanks, on/offs, regulators, other universal air-related parts or questions.

The bolt is made for Tippmanns and Tippmanns only, therefore, it should be posted in the Tippmann Forum.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I put it in my 98c, if you can afford to do ii, do it. a small increase is still an increase(almost hit you; upgraded to hit you). Make sure to polish the internals while you are in there.thumup:
Some people dislike Tippmans, I still drive one sometimes as I love to get laughed at, then put a little extra love when I bunker the ion head or whatever "High end" marker they play with.
My G7 is my daily driver, but I still enjoy my 98c.

If you play indoors get like a J&J ceramis or something, flatline rocks but is big for speedball.
BB:ninja:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Upgrades for specific markers are best posted in forums for that specific marker.

The Air Systems Forum is meant for posts relating specifically to air systems: CO2 tanks, compressed air tanks, on/offs, regulators, other universal air-related parts or questions.

The bolt is made for Tippmanns and Tippmanns only, therefore, it should be posted in the Tippmann Forum.
I see. Specific markers or not, do all bolts work the same? or is up grading bolts better for some markers more than it is for others?

I put it in my 98c, if you can afford to do ii, do it. a small increase is still an increase(almost hit you; upgraded to hit you). Make sure to polish the internals while you are in there.
Some people dislike Tippmans, I still drive one sometimes as I love to get laughed at, then put a little extra love when I bunker the ion head or whatever "High end" marker they play with.
My G7 is my daily driver, but I still enjoy my 98c.

If you play indoors get like a J&J ceramis or something, flatline rocks but is big for speedball.
I don't play speedball.. Speedball sucks imo. The area I live in is best for Woodsball play anyway, aside from that its currently my favorite. Tho i can imagine playing Senairo later on too. In anycase, slower paced, strategic games. If i ever played speedball, The A-5 wouldn't be bad i dont think, but the way i plan to modify it, it will completely suck for speed ball.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
And the rufus dawg kit replaces the plastic parts, with plastic parts.

The rear bolt and valve are used with the new parts. The valve is removed from its current home inside the power tube and put into the new one.

On a slightly related note, Most Spyder bolts come from the factory with a venturi installed. Most Spyder owners remove it for better flow and effeciency

1 - 9 of 9 Posts