Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my leather belt went through the wash and it looks as if the "finish" or something wore off. it's a light brown now instead of a dark brown.

I'm wondering if there's a way i can treat it and maybe get it back to look good again. oil i can buy, polish, anything?

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
uh..I dont' have any before pictures so it wouldn't really help out much.

think of a dark leather belt. now imagine in your mind that somebody used sandpaper to take the finish off of it. or that it's been bleached out by sitting in the sun for years. that's what it looks like. (it's not fuzzy or anything liek sandpaper would do to it, it's just a much lighter color now)

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Don't put shoe shine on it, you'll ruin your pants. BUy some leather conditioner (possibly in the shoe section, works great on leather jackets) and rub that into it. You may be able to find some tinted conditioner too, that would help darken it better.

·
Almost leet
1,999 Posts
splatwithhonor3 said:
Don't put shoe shine on it, you'll ruin your pants. BUy some leather conditioner (possibly in the shoe section, works great on leather jackets) and rub that into it. You may be able to find some tinted conditioner too, that would help darken it better.
ftw g/j

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
splatwithhonor3 said:

yeah i figured shoe polish would get everywhere.

so this leather conditioner stuff, how much does it cost?

·
Cold Fusion...
2,466 Posts
this thread could help me too... the other day i decided to go swimming while i was wearing my cargo shorts that are too big, and all the black like faded off. but i just got a belt for free that came with my pants that i bought the other day

1 - 13 of 13 Posts