Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ill be playing paintball for the first time this sunday with my day at the local field. is there a site where i can read on the actualk rules of paintball??

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
don't wipe paint? not much for rules they will run over there guidelines on the field...always ask. Also never remove your gogles till you are in the correct area.

as for that. if this is your first time playing why do you have it in your sig....I know you can't see me but I just shot you. Its not cool to pretend to be amazing if your not. People will accept you for what level you play but if your just pretending to be amazing then its not cool.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Yah, there isnt any standard rules. Each field has its own set of safety guidelines, but thats about it.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
yes one hit, and you are out

here are some basic rules:
-always keep your goggles on
-keep your barrel plug on when you are not on the field
-do not shoot before you step on the field
-do not wipe hits
-do not shoot someone more than once (unless you are laning or bunkering someone which you probably wont be doing your first time out)
-listen to the veteran players, they know more than you think

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
yea you should be, its a really fast paced sport. Make sure you are aggressive, there is nothing worse than a new player that hides behind his bunker the whole game. Also communicate, let your teamates know where the other people are, or when you need cover fire to move to a different bunker.

·
Registered
593 Posts
The main 2 rules are keep your goggles on at all times when palying and always keep your barrel blocking device (sock or plug) on at all times except when you are playing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
as for rules: follow what everyone else does, if they take out the plugs then take yours out, if all of them they take off their masks then take urs off,

guidlines: keep moving, the first time i played i hid a lot thinking that i would get owned by some gun slinging expert, but once i started doing flankings and getting shot it was the best! so just run the hell out of the place, run to bunkers, run and shoot and yould have fun

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,774 Posts
Most games are tend to fall into a few basic catagories:

1) Capture the flag type games,
2) Attack and defend type games
3) Speedball / airball / hyperball

Each type of game has its own specific rules, however as has been stated there are a few universal rules. Not to belabor the point, but know your boundaries and where your safe zones are. NEVER take off your mask unless you are in one of these safe zones. Also, if your not actively in a game - put in your barrel plug, put your marker on safe if you have one, or shut off the e-frame.

One of my huge pet peeves is people shooting out of the safe zones into the woods, or at the bushes or whatever. THERE IS NO SHOOTING IN THE SAFE ZONES!!! End of message, full stop! Just don't do it. Some places won't even let you dry fire in the safe zones.

The only other thing I would mention is to make sure you know your chrono speeds on your marker. Most rec places like to see you shooting 270-290 fps, but it is generally accepted that 300 fps is the max for any type of game.

Ask questions of the vets. Most are more then willing to help out newer players as long as they are not idiots about it.

·
Let's hug it out
4,506 Posts
well haha i have a great story about an incident like that.....well i had 5 shots left and it ended to be 2 on 1 and i was on the 2. I was at the front bunker and a friend of mine was in the back. i ran out of paint cuz i didnt have too much to begin with because this was my last match and i didnt bring my harness cause it was on some private land (not organized field) and the 1 stood at the back bunker. when i ran out i just fired my HPA as fast as i could makin him think i was holdin him down. so he just sat behind his bunker scared, and i yell to my teammate to go around and get a good angle, turned out we won all because i was a decoy. so my answer to your out of paint questions is, alwayz act as a decoy if your out of ammo (including pods)

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
nightstalker88 said:
what do u do if u run out of co2 or paint??
keep playing. if you run out of paint, as long as you have people still on your team, you are still useful. Make pretend you still have paint, and shoot like crazy to keep the other peoples heads down. Dont just leave once you run out of paint. Keep the other team distracted on you while you teamates can move up.

If you run out of air, do the same thing basically, except you cant really shoot.

·
had more guns then girls
107 Posts
i got some one out by throwing paint once.. there was 2 center bunkers, no fifty bunker so teh 2 in the middle were about 10 ft away from each other, i blew the hammer o-ring some how so i decided just to make a run at him with a hand full of paint, he was shooting at some other guy so i swept around and threw them at his gun, it worked, then i got lit up by his teamates, talk about bragging rights...u should see the scar on my neck i have from doing that.... he turned around and panicked so he shot me 3 times in the neck, all b/c he didnt know he was out at the time

1 - 16 of 16 Posts