Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My football team lost our rivalry game, and have to run 5 miles in 30 minutes. Most I have ever ran would be 2. Any advice on running all those miles without stopping or getting pains? So far I am going to drink 2 red bulls...

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
damn thats 6 minutes a mile.. make sure not to eat or drink anything right before it starts, maybe a little bit of water, and just keep a steady pace throughout the whole thing.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Don't drink two red bulls, thats not gonna help you, all it will do is give you cramps. Drink maybe a lil water a while before you run. And just run through the pain, trust me they go away after a while. The summer before last I used to run a little less than two miles, and I would stop from the pains, then one day I just said f*ck it and I kept running through the pain and I did 5. Make sure you stretch out before and after you run. And Don't stop in the middle, if you have to walk then walk but dont stop, your muscles will get real sore making it harder to run after.

·
Registered
34 Posts
run the whole time and keep a steady pace. If you stop at all your going to get major cramps and you wont get rid of them so just keep running and dont stop

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
they are gonna make the whole team do it? jesus our center wouldn't last half the mile. Stretch like crazy. Drink the reds afterwards to replenish your energy. The vitamins and herbs only help if you have room for it. Its all about atp...get atp in you.

·
Registered
562 Posts
eat some pasta for supper the night before and some for dinner that day. it's got carbs and they help ya when ya run. drink a ton of water a day before and the day of, you need to stay hydrated. there's no way your whole team is gonna run under 30 tho. thats freakin hard. i run just under 7 minutes per mile for just 3 miles.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Bubbajr. said:
Its all about atp...get atp in you.
ok mr. biology teacher lol i guess just run and run until you get a second wind and keep running and focus just pretend martha stewart is chasing you and shes gunna rape you and make you watch her show if she catches you. you'll make it

·
Registered
561 Posts
look at your feet or run on a line

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
Phantom13 said:
My football team lost our rivalry game, and have to run 5 miles in 30 minutes. Most I have ever ran would be 2. Any advice on running all those miles without stopping or getting pains? So far I am going to drink 2 red bulls...
Bad idea.

Just get a good breakfast that morning, then when you're running, two things that will ensure you finish:
Keep your OWN pace.

Breath in through your mouth, and out through your nose, or vice versa, whatever works best with you.
I've been breathing in through my mouth, out my nose every run this semester for my fitness class, and I have yet to be winded in a run.

Good luck.

·
Registered
115 Posts
ZaPmAn said:
look at your feet or run on a line
I used to do this when i rode my bike for miles with my family. Whoever was in front of me i watched their tire.. it only gets rough when you start to stop :)

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
but seriously buy heelies for the 30 minute 5 mile. ya know like the shoes that are shoes until u pull little roller skates out of those. i did that, if its one of those gym teachers they never notice (they always have hangovers)

i used heelies when i ran the mile first it 12:46 now its like 6:52

1 - 20 of 38 Posts