Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Im fixing up a 98C for my freind to speedball with, main thing is he doesnt want electronics. Dont ask me why. So being the tippmann upgrade ignorant I am, Could someone tell me if I would benefit more from A RVA or A rear cocking kit? Currently I have a old rocket cock on it, but its no loss to take it off as I can sell it in a few hours.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
They're both equally worthless. =)

Cosmetic upgrades, really.

Rear cocking has the slight advantage of letting a little less dirt in, and it can be a little quieter as well. I think some of them look cool. Some kits have no moving parts once the marker is cocked and others, like my full-boar, have the arm that moves around.

Rear-velocity, well, You might milk a couple extra shots from your tank if you tune it right, since it will control how much the valve opens (spyder style) instead of just choking the air flow like the front adjuster on a Tippmann does.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TipP 98 CusToM said:
if he doesnt want electronics get a response trigger
Exept responce triggers are illegal at our feild.
I really agree with getting the RVA, to minimize moving parts on the outside of the marker, but I would take performance over playing 3 inches tighter.

·
Registered
599 Posts
There's actually a product called the "Shadow" that's made by Full Boar Products. It is a rear cocking knob that has a set screw that can be used to make velocity adjustments. It has a little cover for the side slot too. Here's a link:

Full Boar: Shadow

Here's the only store that I know of that sells it:

Doro Paintball

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts