Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've searched and searched and couldnt come up with an answer and i nkow there's lots of chevy guys on here, so anyways, my question is

what axle would a 1993 s-10 4WD with the 4.3l v6 have?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
a 28 spline axle for a 7.5" 10 bolt GM rear end. Ill see if i can dig up some details.

edit: 28.5" length

axles from an el camino/early style malibu with RWD will work AS LONG AS THEY ARE 28 SPLINE AND NOT 26 (which is more common) AND FROM A 7.5' REAR END.

A common thing to do on high performance el caminos is to get a posi diff from and S-10, but you need the axles too because they are 28 spline.

So in the end, make sure they are 28 spline unless you are changing the differential to a non-stock differential whether it be posi or not.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
if ur tryin to find a rear in the junkyard or something, it might be tough, dpending on the area. s10 rears are VERY POPULAR for hot rods and all other types of custom rods

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if anyone can dig up some specs on them (i just need the information.. not really for any particular reason) axle shaft thickness, housing tube diameter, ring gear size, and any other specifics would be awesome :tup thanks for replies!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts