Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Good question. I don't believe so, but I could be wrong. I don't think so though, because most older Silvia's (S13 & S14) are still sought after by drift enthusiasts. If the S15 was out in the U.S., it wouldn't be as big of a deal when you find an S13/14.

-Jin

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Nice!! How was it? What city did you go to? I would LOVE to go to Japan. Someday I will, but right now I just don't have nearly enough money. I absolutely love Japan and the culture, it just fascinates me.

They have a ton of sweet cars in Japan. The thing is though, they have practically NO American cars, especially not muscle. I think the USA has a nice balance of muscle & hot import, as well as the average econo-cars & rice. Sure we may not have the S15 or the Skyline, and very few NSXs, but we make up for it in 'Vettes, Mustangs, Camaros, Firebirds, exotics, etc.

-Jinjiro

·
Registered
222 Posts
but isnt it a pain in the ass to make it US spec? someone told me its like 10Gs to get it to pass emissions. could be wrong but thats just what i hear

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
RBomaha03 said:
You import skylines from Motorex.

They legaly import r-32, r-33, and r-34 GT-S's and GT-R's.

R-32 $25,000 GS-T 35,000 for GT-R

-RB-
yeah i know about that vut to pass the D.O.T inspection you have to have a **** load of stuff done to it to be able to drive it on the road

·
Registered
250 Posts
never got the S15 here in the US... got the s12, s13, and s14... but we did get a few of the later year s14's that went to the s15 style "pissed off squinting" head lights... i HATE the early s14's front end but the later s14 front end is just *****in hot... very similar to the s15... hard to ind though as they only had em that way for a year or 2

mark

·
Registered
250 Posts
ThrottleJunkie said:
but isnt it a pain in the ass to make it US spec? someone told me its like 10Gs to get it to pass emissions. could be wrong but thats just what i hear
a few years back motorex went though all the loopholes of making the skylines legal in the US... they do some stuff to it here and there... they had to have at least 2 sent to crash testing as i recall.

there is a reason you are spending $40k on a car that costs WELL less then 1/2 thatin japan... they (motorex) invested a good bit of money in making themselves the only REAL legal way of getting skylines into the US and DOT legal

1 - 18 of 18 Posts