Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The former guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott, from Pantera now with Damage Plan was killed on stage during a show and the scum bag killer also killed three others before a police officer shot him. Me and my little brother were going to see them play with Shadows Fall last Sunday but it was a 16 and over show so I couldnt bring him, and it was one of there last shows.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/09/nightclub.shooting/index.html

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
thats pretty sad that he died. i hate his music, but its still sad. were the other 3 people fans?

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
It's crazy....all I've been listening to all week has been Pantera.

So weird. In the past year or so, a lot of big names in rap have died, and now one of metal's icons. I really hope great musicians don't keep dying at this rate.

·
I'm a big soft teddy bear
3,675 Posts
=( =( =( he was perhaps my favorite musician of all time. seriously. i LOVE this man. the worst part: he was in philly over thanksgiving and was going to see him, but we got home late from something and missed it. =( =( RIP!!!!

edit: i hope the dude who shot him goes to hell, dies, goes to hell again, and repeats the process until the sun blows up when he shall forfit his soul.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imhungry said:
thats pretty sad that he died. i hate his music, but its still sad. were the other 3 people fans?
Atleast one was a fan that they know of now. The others might have been security. It also says he had a hostage he was going to kill but the police officer shot him before he tried to kill the hostage.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
He was not my favorite, but i can understand how so many fans feel, it is a sad day for metal indeed. Idk what i'd do if the same happend to Ozzy or Zakk Wylde, those guys are my heros....RIP Dimebag...rock on \m/

·
Registered
912 Posts
R.I.P. but as for the bastard who shot em.. i hope he goes to hell

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
One guy was a roadie, one was a fan and I dont rmember the other guy, but it is a sad day indeed. Dimebag has joined the ranks of the heavenly legends. I bet heaven has one helluva rock show now.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Right up there with Hendrix.

Sad day indeed. I've been listening to Pantera a lot lately too.

Damage Plan was meh. Not nearly as good as Pantera.

RIP Dimebag Darrel

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
theunforgiven said:
the worst part: he was in philly over thanksgiving and was going to see him, but we got home late from something and missed it. =( =( RIP!!!!
Yea but you have to realize that you could have been one of the ones dead, maybe it was ment to be that you werent there. And I dont think anybody wants someone they look up to so much to get killed in cold blood and be there to witness it, that could be extremely traumatic for life . Just keep him in mind and never forget how good he was.

I also found more info............. http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/storymain.jsp?number=1

·
I'm a big soft teddy bear
3,675 Posts
Kirkysboy said:
Yea but you have to realize that you could have been one of the ones dead, maybe it was ment to be that you werent there. And I dont think anybody wants someone they look up to so much to get killed in cold blood and be there to witness it, that could be extremely traumatic for life . Just keep him in mind and never forget how good he was.

I also found more info............. http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/storymain.jsp?number=1

he was in philly like 2 weeks ago. thats when i was gunna see him.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Man I listened to Pantera and Damage Plan for like 3 days straight. I miss teh Dimebag... he was one of those people who inspired me to play guitar... =(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts