Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive recently been playing on some private property with my friends.

im looking for ways to make it as safe as possible.

Weve been playing woodsball games, each player can only have 100 balls a game.

We strictly enforce barrel blocking devices, goggles, and have bought a handheald chronograph.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Sounds good to me... I have found that if you tell everyone the rules straight off the bat, you usually have no problems.

Enforce a no-fire zone in your staging area, define where you can safely take off your goggles and be rigorous about FPS and the use of barrel blocking devices and you are all set.

The only other thing I would think of is to remove any low branches that may stab at you if you are running in the woods, fill any holes that may attract broken ankles, and know your boundaries so there is no 'collateral damage' to houses or other landowner's properties. And clean up well after yourselves. I can gaurentee that if there are 40 empty paint bags blowing around, paint boxes, candy wrappers and soda cans, the owner of the land will retract his permission for you to play there.

Then have fun and enjoy this sport the way 90% of us have been playing since the late 70's.

·
Registered
541 Posts
MedicDVG said:
Sounds good to me... I have found that if you tell everyone the rules straight off the bat, you usually have no problems.

Enforce a no-fire zone in your staging area, define where you can safely take off your goggles and be rigorous about FPS and the use of barrel blocking devices and you are all set.

The only other thing I would think of is to remove any low branches that may stab at you if you are running in the woods, fill any holes that may attract broken ankles, and know your boundaries so there is no 'collateral damage' to houses or other landowner's properties. And clean up well after yourselves. I can gaurentee that if there are 40 empty paint bags blowing around, paint boxes, candy wrappers and soda cans, the owner of the land will retract his permission for you to play there.

Then have fun and enjoy this sport the way 90% of us have been playing since the late 70's.
umm correct me if i am wrong, but I thought pb was invented in 1983 ???

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
Outlaw ball is hard to keep safe, and even harder to enforce the rules, since basically, you’re breaking the law by playing as it is.

- Establish the rules, and make it VERY clear that any infraction of the rules will result in being kicked out of the game. If someone breaks the rules again, then eject them from play for the day. This will make them listen, or else they cant play.
- Break up the teams as even as possible. Try not to put the closest friends on a team. This will cause mini teams to form inside of a team, and that’s not good. Paintball is great for meeting new people, so making people that aren’t so close play together will build closer friendships, and cause less fights.
- Do not allow full auto. Yea it’s fun and cool to shoot that fast, but overshooting is a huge problem.
- Make everyone chronograph. Not just once either, randomly select someone and make them chronograph after a game. Most cheaters are caught this way.
- Take charge, let no one question you or else no one will ever listen to you.

Easy enough right? Try it and see.

- Brian

·
Registered
80 Posts
you know i was wondering the same thing and then i relised that...........
.....................................................................................^< < <<
insert extreamly intelegent and help full yet slighly funny answer here > ^

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
But that would depend more on your local laws.

Under his rules full-auto should not be an issue since they only have 100 pbs a game.
That's not even 6 seconds worth of paint in semi- let alone full-auto.

I would also add anyone wishing to play there is required to stay after the games are done and pick up the area, like Medic said you do not want the place looking trashed and have the owner retract his permission to use the land.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
yea respect the land you play on, don't to trash up the enviroment which you play. Also try to have some structures, or tables for your staging area. If you are Playing at a friends house see if you can use the garage or some place that can get a little messy but not to bad. Also you might want to trade off reffing if you have large groups of people with newer guys you haven't played with. Though keep the new players to a minimum. Since you are playing Outlaw make sure it is guys you are familiar with and can trust. You don't want morons out there. Also just to help you save money, find a proshop or some place that does air and paint, see if you can get a Group discount for your all of your guys to get their stuff for like 10% off. If you're lucky and regulars at the store they probally will cut you a deal.

J

·
0 Posts
We have an awesome setup where I play in the woods. We have old tables and such for a staging area and someone has a hand held chrono. Then before we go in there is a sign that says Masks On. We also have orange fencing to enforce the boundries. It's pretty decent.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts