Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a project car for winter: 94 RX-7 with 58,000 miles on her. Only problem is the car is a salvage title. Has a few dings in the body, and salvage title due to flood damage. He wants about 4k for it, but is it really worth it? I've never dealt w/a flood damaged vehicle before, but it is an RX-7. All help is appreciated.

·
Registered
200 Posts
it would probly increase the amount of rust which may already be substantial depending on how well it has been maintained...u should bring it to a mechanic to get it checked out...even tho, it is still an rx7 so if u can push it down to $3000, I would take it whether or not it is rusty

·
Registered
905 Posts
flood damage usually leads to electrical problems down the line. The water corodes the wires. Unless you plan on doing a very extensive restoration id stay away from it.

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I get a brand new interior w/it, but like mentioned before, electrical problems will suck. I planned on completely stripping the interior and re-doing it during the winter, b/c I normally get a project for winter. For what it is, its a really nice ride. But, the good somehow doesn't seem to outweigh the bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts