Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I’m making this thread for Sarah because she’s been restricted on the internet from viewing PBF and PBN. She doesn’t want to leave, but since her school will not allow her to view certain websites, she can no longer post here. She will be out of school in 4 months, so we can probably expect her back at that point in time, if she hasn’t forgot about us that is. Hahaha…
Anyway, you can probably reach her on AIM if you want to talk to her. That is all!

- Brian

O

·
0 Posts
Man am I gonna miss her positive contributions to the paintball forums outside the lounge.

Wait a second...

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
big_balla89 said:
Werd. I just install Firefox when I want to browse freely at school. Nothing is blocked. ;)
"Utilizing the advice from the good people over at Mozillazine, I was successfully able to setup Firefox on a thumb drive so I can use it wherever I go.

Here are the steps.

1. Download a fresh build of Firefox from their FTP site.

2. Extract the contents to a folder on your hard drive.

3. Create a directory called profile in the Firefox directory.

4. create a file called firefox.bat within the same directory that firefox.exe is in. Include the following line.

start firefox.exe -Profile "profile/"

5. Completely close all Firefox sessions and run this batch file.

6. Check the profile directory to ensure that it is populated with files and folders. If it isn't, you haven't closed Firefox completely.

7. COPY the contents of this folder to defaults/profile

8. Download and install extensions and if you have an existing set of bookmarks on another Firefox install, copy it into this directory from USER/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/profilename/bookmarks.html

9. copy the entire Firefox folder to your thumb drive. Run it using the Firefox.bat file"
http://www.technosailor.com/firefox-on-a-thumb-drive

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Mangobutter said:
wait her school just randomly blocked it today, in the middle of the school year? thats a little wierd.
not really they will block what they think should be blocked. but the thing i dont get is why block a site that only 3 or 4 people in a school will go to

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.